Name brand clothes...what's so good about it?

Why are people willing to spend a lot of money on name brand clothes? when you can find the same or similar to the same at thrift shops and swap meets etc. with the style that's "in" today I'm pretty sure you can. I mean who cares if you're wearing a forever 21 blouse or guess jeans .. Don't get me wrong, they do have some cute clothes at times.

Most Helpful Girl

• the problem is-people DO care if it's forever 21 or a thrift store. it's a matter of status,fitting in,and all around snobbishness.

What Guys Said 3

• Wearing brand name clothing is a way of demonstrating status to other people, much like buying a Mercedes, or wearing flashy jewelry.

• That makes sense since most people really do care about about what others have to think about them

• Not everyone can be like you!

• I'm not telling them to .. It's just a question that I've always been curious about.

• I wasn't including everyone..Its just that there are brand conscious people and I maybe one of them..Though I would like to conclude that some brands are worth the penny..For me it's like I'll spend on something which maybe expensive but will last for years!

• idk but your hot haha.

What Girls Said 9

• It shows your "status" apparently, but for me it shows that the person cares more for the name than the actual style and they all end up looking the same. I don't care for brands, I buy what I like.

• I don't know either its suppose to be made of better materials I guess. But I look at price over brand

• How would anyone know about forever 21? Not all the clothes say forever 21 on them. And at some name brand stores you can order online clothes off of their website at a cheaper cost.

• I care, it's all about the quality. I don't necessarily just go for brands.

• I don't care about brand names.

• because 90% of the time its better quality anyways. why would I buy something cheap that falls apart when I can spend extra money on something better looking and will last longer

• simply to show off your status...?

• People don't have to know what brand you are wearing or not and the person wearing the clothes doesn't need to exhibit what they are wearing either...I actually find that that stores like h&m or forever 21 sell clothes that are neither my style (except for jeans) nor selling quality clothes comared to other places I went to shop to...but I don t tell people I wear expensive stuff...

• They have cute clothes, and nobody really knows that I'm wearing that brand unless they look at the tag or I tell them. The thrift stores I've been to weren't my style, and I went to Plato's Closet before and they were just too expensive for old, out of style, previously worn clothing.

• Ohh well there's a lot of thrift shops where I'm at and they have legit cheap clothes (: