How did Ed Hardy (brand) get to be synonymous with douche bag?

any time I hear the name Ed Hardy, it's not long after that a remark is made about how duchy or cheap or whatever negative connotation you may know, Ed Hardy is. I actually happen to like some of the scents. not so much the clothes and shoes though. Anyway, how did this negative connotation surrounding the brand start?

Most Helpful Guy

• When douchebags started wearing Ed Hardy.

What Guys Said 4

• Ed Hardy was cool before Ed Hardy stuff started showing up in malls and Walmart.

You should know by now, when something becomes popular enough to be recognized as mainstream, it stops being cool.

• Just lots of douche bags wearing it I guess. That and trucker hats. Douches. . .

• MMA (man on man action) decided that was their style after they stole it from the 'hood. and its not the actual "Ed Hardy"

• People who throw around the 'douche bag' label are just jealous of others and insecure about their own masculinity or attractiveness.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah, idk. It's all the rhinestones and glitter on it. I think of a douche bag wearing a fake diamond

studded tshirt, when I think of Ed hardy.

• Too much sparkles.

• I didn't know it was I usually associate it with ambercrome finch hollister ect.