Do women like using makeup or not?

I feel makeup is meant to enhance beauty, but many men do not like it. They feel it looks garish.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most men THINK incorrectly about make up. To men makeup=Cake face and raccoon eyes. Make up is just used to enhance things or cover up. I have bad skin, so I wear concealer and powder. And I can promise you, guys would be complaining if I didn't. To be honest , most guys don't even know when girls are wearing it or not. The point of it, is to make it look like you're not wearing any. Most guys can't tell, but since I wear the sh*t, I know. But I think makeup should be natural. No lipstick,tons of eyeliner, foundation etc. Unless it's for a special occasion, not for just walking around the world.

• They do not know about makeup but "act" like they know.I find it hilarious when some of them said they prefer natural beauty when in real they go for the girls with full makeup on.

• Amen.

Not to mention guys say they like natural looking girls, but in public the more "natural" looking girls are always the lonely ones.

What Girls Said 13

• Looking good = feeling good to me. I enjoy my beauty routine a lot and it's definitely not a hassle to me. Obviously there are days where I don't wear make-up, like if I'm at home for the entire day. Most days though I just wear foundation. When I go out clubbing or with friends or whatever then I'll add mascara and some lipgloss and lipstick. Oh and by the way Alanaaa has the right idea. I agree with her completely. She gave a very good answer :)

• I don't wear makeup to add something to my face or make it look like a completely different face. I only use a small amount to highlight the features I already have that I like about myself. I usually don't wear any, but when I do it's just a very small amount of eyeliner.

• Yeah I like it, it highlights my features. Guys do like it when girls wear makeup, they know girls look good. What they don't like is the idea that when they take it off they could look completely different. My makeup routine doesn't change my face, sometimes I get asked if I'm even wearing any.

• i like it, cause I have the time to do it,and I enjoy putting it on,but a lot of women don't,it takes time,and some women just don't feel comfortable having it on their face,you have to keep it from smudging,staining clothes,you have to do it right and that takes practice,so a lot of them just give up if they don't like how it looks the first few times

• My ex preferred me without makeup because he liked my "natural look". I also don't apply makeup too often because it causes blemishes (foundation makeup), skin irritation, and eye irritation (mascara)...I mostly just wear lip gloss or balm.

• I like using makeup yes, it's fun. :) There are so many products on the market, so many colors, brands.. its amazing if you think about it :D

But I agree, I also think makeup is meant to enhance beauty, and that's why I only wear a little mascara, lipgloss and (sometimes!) some eyeshadow. I don't like to put on primer, foundation, and all that other stuff. It makes me feel like my skin can't breathe :P

• If I'm going out with friends/family than I wear make up but for everyday life I tend to only wear the basics like lip balm and mascara.

• Personally I really like using makeup because it makes me feel better about my apperence and I can make/adjust anything that's bothering me about my face each day. As for the men finding makeup garish, its surprising how many guys look at girls who have a light/talented hand for making it look natural and go, hey, she looks pretty. It my experince its just the girls who don't know what they're doing or have a heavy hand that look bad.

• I do like wearing make up when am going out. But if am at home, then there's no need for me to wear it.

• I like wearing the basics. Lipgloss and mascara, sometimes an eyeliner is okay.

• I like doing lip or eye make up but not whole face with powder concealer ect

• I don't like using it, it's a hassle to put on and keep it looking good. That's enough to make me not use it.

• i do wear makeup but not too much. Sometimes I just wear bb cream.. no eyeliner/mascara/eyeshadow.etc. I never really put on eyeshadow..it just look tacky on me. I also hate wearing thick eyeliners... you can rarely see it when I put it on. It is true that girls look nicer with makeup on.. I don't understand why guys don't like it..

What Guys Said 2

• Like many guys, I think women overuse it. For daily life it isn't necessary; it's fine for a photo shoot or formal evening out..

• clearly its a cosmetic mask to hide the blemishes.