Does appearance matter, a lot?

Specifically hair/clothes?

Sorry, this is a bit of a repost. I didn't really get any definite answers last time (but I did get some very kind ones).

I want to know, for guys, how much does having really nice hair and/or clothes matter?

I have naturally curly, shoulder length hair. I recently got extensions and also straightened my hair. The first day I went out, every guy I encountered flirted with me, or stared. Random guys stopped to talk to me.

Even girls. One random girl was like "Your hair so pretty" (I felt sheepish after that, haha).

For the record, I have never really been treated like this before. People don't stare at me, certainly not guys.

Is it the hair? Or is it that I have magically gained confidence that is attractive?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's both actually. I think you knew your hair was well done and thus you were flaunting it: that gets attention.

For me yeah appearance does matter, but only initially. Afterwards it's whether I feel I can be comfortable around her that makes it or break it.

On a scale of one to 10, with 10 being "appearance is very important", I would give it an 8.

However keep in mind that the most important thing is to be kind to anyone and everyone. Many times I have seen a girl who is average and just a friend material but after getting to know her and how kind and positive she is, I would easily increase her appearance tenfold. No joke.

What Guys Said 6

• Having your hair straightened didn't matter, but being dressed up and so forth obviously improved both your appearance AND definitely your self-confidence, and it was that combination that got everyone's attention. Don't dismiss the confidence, because it was a big part of the equation.

• Both. There is nothing more intoxicating that long, smooth silky hair to run your fingers through...

But yes, a confident woman is more attractive at least to me. More than half of your attractiveness is in how you carry yourself vs natural beauty.

• To ignore looks/image would be naive. Attraction for someone is first built from looks, because you certainly don't know the person yet.

• It makes little difference to me...I look at her face and her thighs...(:(:(:

• To me it does. I am guessing you are starting to look hotter and hotter as you age. no more awkwardness

• Image matters to me. You are growing into your own

What Girls Said 1

• It's the hair. You know it and you own it.

Also, it's different where you probably look a lot better with straight hair.