When it comes to your dress-style, do you aim to "be bold and stand out", or to "blend in with the crowd"?

Now I know that in certain situations and venues you will be going to, you may (like most people) flip-flop between the goal of "standing out" and the goal of "blending in".

Think about your dress style overall in terms of places you go that you don't have to wear a uniform (school, work, movies, bar/nightclub, family gatherings, dates, doing everyday errands such as grocery shopping, etc).

Which of the poll options seems to fit you more?

Vote and reply as much as you like.

P.S. Guess the pokemon :-P

• Be bold and stand out from the rest of the crowd
  • Be conservative and blend in more with the crowd

Most Helpful Girl

• I tend to stand out in a good way when I dress up and that is the goal.be appropriate for the situation and not stand out negatively like what is she wearing...but look good.if you blend in then you probably just look average

• The last sentence is spot-on, Ms. br0wn. Blending in is so average and boring! 8-)

What Girls Said 6

• I guess in a sense a bit of both.

I like being bold and standing out - but I don't do so, or want to do so, but wearing outlandish colors, or silly on trend styles. But by being more subtle and classic with my choices. But I certainly don't go with the whole blend into the background thing. I like to think it's like ... making an impact by whispering.

I don't want to blend in, but I don't want my clothes to be more interesting than I am.

• Blend in.but sometimes what I like to wear that day stands out but I don't like being the center of attention.

• yes I do stand out from the crowd. I love dressing up because it's fun. Even when I wear just casual clothes, I try to coordinate my outfits well.

• I like to be bold and stand out

• I like classic styles... think Kate Middleton. Oddly, dressing classy in a lot of places DOES make you stand out from the crowd, with their tramp stamps and cleavage showing ;)

What Guys Said 4

• Eh I kind of have my own style but it's not anything that would make people stare. I just try to be a little more creative than instead of looking like a generic drone with sperrys, khakis, a polo, and sunglasses with croakies.

P.S. Tangela of course. Whatcha gonna do when you run out of pokemon?

• I tend to fit in with the crowd but some days I like to be super random.. like when they say dress down I will dress up.

• I guess in effect I end up standing out, but my intent is only to wear stuff I like and that lasts a long time without looking used. What I wear usually looks drab and like something swat teams would wear.

• Neither. I dress the way I want based on my personality and what I am doing. I don't feel the need to impress people. They either like me or they don't.