Is there a way to double the growth rate of your hair?

I'm just wondering if there is a way to double the growth rate of my hair or does it depend on genetics ? If it just depends on genetics then I am not at a total disadvantage seeing as my mother had long hair, but she choose to cut her hair off.

People have told me to use oils, but should I take Biotin vitamins also?

Most Helpful Guy

• lotions and other stuff you put on your hair won't help much, because your hair grows from the stem up, the stuff you put on it will make it stronger or weaker depending on how your hair reacts to different treatments and the chemicals which are in it.

You should consult your doctor if your having hair issues and maybe he can send you to see a specialist or clinics that deal with these kinda problems, they will do certain tests on you to determine what halters your hair growth, they have too because no 2 humans are alike so everyone has different hair problems.

What Guys Said 1

• the hair on your head or pubic hair?

What Girls Said 7

• Something that really worked for me is castor oil. It's sticky and smells kinda weird, but what I would do was the night before I was gonna wash my hair, I rubbed it into my scalp, then put a disposable plastic shower cap on over it, covered my pillow with a towel just incase, then slept in it.

I don't know if it doubled the growth, but it definitely made it grow faster.

I think hair vitamins are also, good, though.

• Eating healthy and taking Biotin may have helped but I stoping taking it.I try to eat healthy and my hair is growing the best that I remember.

• Hair growth is accomplished through a healthy body. Also genes and enironment play a part as well. I experienced hair loss before and researched the best vitamins to combat the problem. Then some one told me that a product named Reloxe included all the safe vitamins etc. that stimulated hair growth. I tried it and they were right! Worked in about 3 months. Reloxe Stopped me from having to buy 10 or more different kinds of vitamins per month. LOL

• i actually just started using this shampoo and conditioner called Fast. I work at a hair salon and all the stylist rave about it. Its suppost to double the growth rate of your hair but drys it out extremely bad so you just have to use a hair recovery or some type of leave in hydrator! I definitely recommend trying it out I've seen 2 living proofs that it works! just google reviews on it I've only seen positive ones!

• Biotin is a miracle for hair growth! Take around 1000mgs per day and you will notice growth fairly soon. I have been taking Biotin for a few months and my hair is an inch past my bra strap.

• I have Natures Bounty vitamins, but I don't take then because the vitamins are huge and they get stuck in my throat.

• prenatals make your hair and nails grow like wildfire. I take them just for that reason

• Monistat. It sounds crazy but it really works. You could also take biotin vitamins but I heard they don't work for everybody and may make you break out. There is also another vitamin called hairfinity that is supposed to be amazing but its rather expensive.