Do you go to a tailor for your clothes?

I do, mostly because it's extremely difficult finding clothes that fit me (I'm 5'11.5" and 133 lbs.).

Even slim fit shirts can fit loosely on me. Usually what I've found is that I can buy cheap shirts (like dress shirts under $10) and because they fit so well, they look more expensive than they really are.

So I tend to go for fit rather than expensive clothes (they don't look expensive if they're baggy). I usually have my tailor give me a pretty slim cut to my clothes.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 1

• No, how much does it cost you usually (to have them tailored)?

• I take it to a personal tailor out of her home. Normally she charges $18/shirt and $18 for pants. If she does a lot, I end up paying $12/ea.

What Guys Said 5

• I would if I could afford it, but I do get clothes altered to fit me the way I want them to. I did try an online tailor once, where you can pick what sort of cut, color, fabric, etc. and fill in your measurments, but it wasn't a particularly good fit so I can't say I'm in any hurry to use them again.

• Yes I use to. I even had flannel & wool shirts tapered. Love that spoke tailoring.

I always had my close starched & pressed. Nothing better then a pair of jeans right off the hanger with that razor sharp crease. Nice & crisp too. Same with my shirts heavy, heavy, heavy on the starch.

The Taylor hated to cut the Pendleton shirts. I wanted that fit you're talking about so I always had to tell him to cut away

• All my shirts are m2m or tailored.

2/3 of my dress pants are m2m.

Suits/jackets are either m2m or slimmed.

Fit matters a lot. Nicer stuff can look better, but cheap and fits well beats nice but doesn't.

• I do for suits and some dress shirts. But, for regular clothes, I like Zara. Their stuff will even fit you properly.

• Huh. I've never considered that .because I too have troube finding clothes that fit right I don't lik emto baggy or too tight but it's tough with my height (6.3). I'm gonna look for a Taylor in my city