Is too muscular a bad thing?

Probably a stupid question, I just joined this site. Is there a such thing as being too muscular. I been told this on multiple occasions within this year by other girls that I am too 'big'. Even asked a friend who was a girl and she says girls like slender/ muscular but toned guys not beef cakes.

I have never had a girlfriend so physical attractions matters to me. Lifting/mma/boxing are my hobbies. I train in all three and have gained quite a bit a muscle size, 125 to 160 in weight in 3 years. I still want to look good but I don't want to give up my hobbies.

So am I supposed to just give up on what I like to do?

I put a pic on my profile, I didn't want to share it as my main pic. But really I don't see how its unattractive. I am 5'5 so could it be cause I am short. I know girls like tall men. Just so unfair. I work my butt off and still get sh*t for not looking good.

I feel like I have to sacrifice one for the other :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, too muscular IS a thing. Like Jonathan Horton. He's HUGE. I don't personally find it a huge turn-off, but most girls I know do. I think you're totally fine (both phrasings), although I suppose other girls could be turned off.

5'5 is rather short for me, although I'm 5'1 so I *probably* wouldn't let that be a deciding factor. I like to go for 5'8 or taller.

Don't give up your hobbies. You're most attractive when you love something, and there are girls out there who share my opinion that you look good.

Also remember that personality is a HUGE factor, even in physical attraction.

• Trust me, If I could be taller I would. I always try working on my personality (still being myself of course).

• I needed to add the personality thing in there, but you said the girls blatantly told you it was your looks, and to be honest, you'd pass my physical standards, and most men don't.

What Girls Said 14

• In the picture you don't look too muscular in my opinion. I think its good that you care about your body and if some girls don't like it who cares. People spend too much time thinking about looks and if they are going to hold that to a higher degree than your personality then they are just shallow and not worth your time anyway. Most girls would appreciate a guy who takes care of himself and so what if your 5'5' if the girls really are looking for some 6 foot plus tall guy, then again shallow, yes most girls want a guy taller than them but 5'4' is the average height for women so there's a lot of them shorter than you.

Just don't worry about dating so much, sure continuing looking and flirting, but don't let rejection get to you, its better to be single than to change yourself to please a shallow-minded person.

• I seriously try not to worry about it and continue to do my own thing. Then I am receiving this kind of feedback and it sinks on me. I'm not going to change what I like to do, but I don't want the negative feedback either.

• I think you're going for the wrong types of girls. I personally don't know many girls who wouldn't find your body type attractive. There are also plenty of girls who are under 5'5", so your height is not that bad.

You are nowhere near too big. link

That guy is too big.

• True, I am not going for a body builder look or to be that big. Just from my experience, this is the feedback I am getting. I guess it looks more abnormal because I am short.

• It's really weird to me that girls just feel like they can say something like that to you. I mean I just think it's kinda rude. Like how many guys are gonna go around to girls and tell them they are too big or too skinny? There's always gonna be some guys who like them regardless, so don't let those girls get you down, you're only interested in the girls who DO find you attractive, anyways :)

• My theory for the reason they feel it is acceptable to state their opinion is this. If a guy is overweight, he most likely doesn't want to be overweight. But if he is very muscular, that is the look he is going for. Even though its none of their business to tell me how I want to look they want to tell me their opinion. I could be wrong. Your right I should only go for girls who do find me attractive. Just frustrating feedback I get when I know I work hard at being in shape.

• I personally don't find extremely muscular men to be physically attractive, but personality always makes up for appearance, in my opinion. So, if you're an awesome guy to be around, then there's no reason to give up your hobbies. Also, why would you want to be with a girl that wasn't interested in the things you enjoy?

• True I wouldn't want to be with a girl like that, but everyone wants to be physically attractive.

• Nope. You sound fine. I wouldn't worry about it

Why would someone give you hard time over your appearance?

• I don't know why. Some are direct, some are behind my back. Had friends tell me what others say kind of thing

• Definitely. I try to keep a good attitude, especially around other people. Thanks for the complement and support.

• It will come together for you sooner than later. And yw its true

• Your body is nice, I like it like that.

Yeah, there is such a thing as being too muscular where it detracts from attraction. It depends on the persons' opinion though.

I think you'll find that on this website there are plenty of girls who think being too muscular is bad.

If you like looking like that, be like that, no need to change it up for people because our opinions in general will always change and you never know who you'll meet.

No, don't give up what you like to do.

• "I think you'll find that on this website there are plenty of girls who think being too muscular is bad." Pretty much all I have found looking through post. I am happy with my body, girls just seem to find it not attractive.

• I did not know that guys complain about being called "too big"... lame joke I know :P

It's definitely not a bad thing. Not all girls are into the slender guys but I personally find a very big muscular guy intimidating. I feel like like he could hurt me just by putting her arm around me lol (I know it's stupid). You should never changed who you are for anyone unless it's about drugs and stuff like that but of you course you already know that. You just need to find the right girl who will like you for you. There are plenty out there trust me.

• Honestly I think that it isn't a bad thing, but that's my opinion. I like guys who are active and like to improve themselves. Other girls will have other opinions. Don't change who you are and what you like because of some girls and their opinions. The right girl will come, just be patient.

• You're muscular but not gross muscular! I think you're attractive..Do what you like to do and don't let anyone stop you:) Cause if they do they're not worth it anyways

• You look fine, stop worrying! :)

You just haven't found the right type of girl.

This is off topic, but would you ever want to be a UFC fighter? Or an Olympic athlete? :D

• Most likely not. Trying to compete in such a high caliber of competition takes the fun out of it and becomes more of a stressful chore. I am no where near as good as those professional athletes.

• Ya your right. I let others get to me and I don't know why. I need to keep focusing and be more comfortable with myself.

• Precisely! It'll take work and determination, but I'm sure you'll get it. Good luck, I hope the best for you! :D

• If you're working out for yourself and like how you look then I guess not but really built guys can look intimidating

• Awe you don't have to give up anything, I think you're fine. Not too muscular imo. When I think of being too muscular, I think of muscle on muscle and like the guy could crush me my just resting his hand on me. You're no that muscly so you're fine. Good luck.

• You don't look too muscular. I'm not really into muscular guys but that's just me. I know there are many women out there who prefer buff guys.

• I, personally, don't like muscular guys.. But I know a lot of girls do, so don't be worried :-)

• Some girls might like muscular guys but seems like majority don't. When I was more toned I was always getting compliments, now I get negative feedback, so it does worry me a little.

• If it is YOU to be as muscular as you are. I don't think you should change it. One day a girl will love you because you are YOU! But, maybe you should think about, WHY do you like to be so muscular as you are?

• Simply said: You look good. Girls that complain about guys looking too muscley are usually talking about the guys you see on the covers of body building magazines that while caucasian and human...look like orange aliens that took steroids.

You might be on the shorter side, but I have a really cute 5'4 guy friend that is constantly pulling realllllly hot girls and even models. He's just smooth and confident. He even has what he calls an Ethiopian belly lol

So don't worry about this too much. You're a very attractive guy.

• yeah because they are all annoying and think they are smooth (short guys). You ever notice as a whole taller guys tend to talk less.

What Guys Said 2

• By too big they mean too short. If you were 6'0 with that build, you'd have so many girlfriends.

• I guess me being short makes it look abnormal. Wish I was taller, unfortunately its something I can't change.

• I'm very V shaped. I have a 41 inch chest and a 28 inch waist. But I do alright