Girls, do you dress sexy because that is how you like to look or because of guys?

Or is it a little of both?

If you dressed in something really cute or sexy what is your reason?

Most Helpful Girl

• well, I dress conservative sexy, which to me is wearing clothes that fit, being fully clothed, and still show off my body.

let me explain. I have huge t*ts no stomach and bg ass. I wear nice clothes that fit good on me. guys do stare and its flattering but I mainly dress for my guy. he likes when other guys check me out and he has even put his thumbs up to basically say, yea that's my girl and I jus laugh.

i do dress down a lot because I don't care how I look if I am just going to school and back home.

my cousin told me she like how I have big boobs and I'm confident enough to not have to over expose them. and she stated that she would id hers were my size lol

i also dress nice for myself, if I feel like it.

my bff dresses sexy in my opinion, she's very colorful and always have to match, now for me that is too much work, hell, I don't even wear makeup. I wear jeans and a nice tight shirt (dat shows no back fat) and I look good.

What Girls Said 24

• I like to dress sexy because I like to look good. When I look good I feel good. But to me sexy is not the typical micro mini with a top so low I am spilling out of it. I prefer a well-fitting pencil skirt that perfectly hugs my curves, with a nice v-neck empire waist top, if the top is too low a lacy camisole looks amazing underneath. Often times, all I show are my arms my legs below the knee my neck and a small amount of chest (no cleavage) and people tell me I look sexy! Sexy is not slutty, and there is a clear bold line between the two. I do also like to dress sexy, because who does not like some positive attention from the opposite gender? Hope this Helps! =D

• It all started with wanting to impress the guys and ended with having to look hotter than the other girls. It's all about vanity :)

• False. Maybe for YOU style is all about vanity and what impression you can make on other people to validate whatever insecurities you have. But you don't speak for every female out there who wants to dress well.

• Ok, so if you go to a party and a girl is wearing the exact same dress as you but looks better on her and gets all the attention, how do you feel? Of course, you have to dress for yourself and however you look comfortable, all I'm saying is that we rather have the approval of other girls in a fashion sense than the boys who really don't care unless you show something. Deep down, no matter how sure of yourself you are, we all want approval.

• I specifically do not think of other people when I dress, because I want to feel comfortable. feeling like I'm dressing up for someone else would make me feel extremely uncomfortable in their presence. id feel like a prized horse, or a prostitute.

• I typically dress down when I'm into someone. so he won't feel like I'm dressing up for him.. so I don't haver to feel like he fees that way. its ucomfortable--for myself.

• So you overcorrect, basically. :)

• Both

• I don't think of people when I dress up. I dress up the way I dress up because that's my style. I don't try to wear a certain outfit to impress a certain someone or just guys in general.

• It depends on my mood.

Of course I tend to dress sexy, if I want sex. But all in all it's about me.

• Most of the time I just dress the way I like it, which happens to be considered sexy. ON certain occasions I purposely dress in a way to attract a guy or guys in general.

• Just to feel good about myself. Honestly, not because of men. I dress cute to the market shopping for food knowing there is no guy I want to hook up with or to like me, but I like to be pretty if I can.

• There is a huge difference between sexy and looking like a back ally prostitute so define what you mean by sexy?

I dress sexy but still fairly modestly(think form fitting rather than showing skin), I do it because to show off my narrow waist and wider hips because I feel that I am a woman and I should look like one and attention from attractive boys is always nice.

• Whatever you think it means

• I can see a lot of girls are taking their own personal reasosn for dressing sexy and generalizing that all other females feel how they do.

I dress sexy for myself. If I want to impress a guy, I don't depend on clothes, shoes, and accessories to do it for me :)

• Its mostly both , girls dress sexy because they wanna feel sexy and look nice , then they also dress sexy because they wanna impress someone special , but sometimes girls dress sexy because there going to a special event but wanna look good , for something or someone .

• Both ,but mainly for myself, I wear MOST of my clothes fitted or tight

• Mostly for myself

• i dress the way like. Sometimes the way I dress tends to attract guys.

• I always dress for myself, not for others.

• Casual.Comfortable is the most important.But I will note with some details.I know what I fit

• Both because I hate not looking good and what guy doesn't like girls dressing sexy?

• Girls love attention, especially male attention. What do you think?

• I don't know, most of these other girls say they dress for themselves. they liars?

• By showing me where I am wrong.

• As I said previously some of the answers that you cut actually said that they do it because of guys. Why are you being difficult? What is your agenda?

• it's because I love fashion and it feels good to wear something that flatters my shape.

Many guys need to stop being self absorbed and thinking that every time a girl looks cute, it's for them or using the over-used "they dress nice for girls" bs as if it's impossible to want to look nice FOR YOURSELF

• I would dress sexy to make myself feel sexy. If I get guys attention then cool, but there's also a line between dressing sexy and dressing slutty whether it's for you, or to impress other people

• I may think about "am I going to look good to men?" But I am dressing first for me & what I like. I think girls also dress for other girls because we appreciate nice clothes. Men may not.

• No way! I dress up for myself not for guys. I would care less what they think about how I dress.. If I had a boyfriend then it would be a different story because I want to look nice to him...but only to him not to other guys :)

• dress sexy because that is how you like to look

• both, I like the way I feel when I dress up but I also like my boyfriend to see me in different things, which isn't often, so I'm usually doing it because the occasion requires. Mostly I'm comfy in my jeans and my boyfriend likes m to be comfy, don't care about anyone elses opinion

What Guys Said 2

• I think it's more for how they look...although the attraction of guys does matter. :)

• they dress like that because the media tells them to dress like hoes saaaaay whaaaaaat?