Do attractive people have to be extra nice in order to avoid looking snobbish?

I'm constantly being told that I'm really pretty. When I was growing up I used to think being pretty would solve all my problems, but anymore I feel like it's the cause of all my problems. I'm struggling with really bad depression and a lot of stress...so lately I'm not so jolly. I feel like I'm not allowed to have bad days though because people always seem like they end up getting more offended by me seeming abrupt or short than they would with someone uglier.

It's like if I witness one of my less attractive female corworkers being cranky people just assume she's having an off day, but when I have a bad day people always talk about me or assume I'm a stuck up b-tch.

Do you notice this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes true in some cases.I also constantly been told that I am pretty too(even though I never think I am one).People tend to have some assumptions and put some expectations for some reasons.This is because most people think that attractive person should always be happy as life is so much easier for them.I personally think this it false.Also,I began to realize that some people purposely treated attractive people badly.

• Good answer my friend...(:(:(:

• Thanks for the BA :D

• imo most of that "bad treatment of attractive people" is due to jealousy

What Guys Said 8

• It's a defense mechanism. People think just because the person's hot and they don't like them, that that person must be a bitch and a snob. No matter how attractive or ugly, we all still have feelings. Some people forget that or think they're the only ones

• Many attractive women are stuck up, but there are also many attractive women who are great people in general. The truth is, people know that attractive women are used to getting the attention for everything and sometimes believe that they are entitled to "getting away" with more because of their looks. As a result, people will usually draw various conclusions. The way I see it, is we should all treat each other the same, because at the end of the day, we're all human and we all have our own fears, anxieties and things we are battling. I wish you the best with everything and hope you pull yourself out of depression.

• Being pretty helps, but it is not going to solve all your problems. It might create some different ones actually.

• Its OK , life is like that. We give and give but life never gives us anything meaningful and we becomes selfish sometimes and we get angry at people and reality becase we know we deserve something better for ourselfs but its OK life gets better ull get what you want just keep giving , give good vibes and give love and emotions

• f*** what people think

• No.

People are insecure regardless.

• Yeah I kind of know what you are talking about...there is pressure in both directions...not all that easy to be anyone...less attractive or more attractive...o.O

• Yes! Even on here. Had to change my avatar because of it.

What Girls Said 1

• I think that if anyone's bitchy for long enough they're going to get labeled a bitch, regardless of what they look like. But I see your point. I know that I'm predisposed to think that gorgeous women are stuck up, even though it's completely unfair. But you can't just walk around grinning like an insane Barbie all the time. You're human too.