Girls: Would you date a guy shorter than you?

Wanted to find this out. I'm 5'10" and the girl I like is really tall, like 6'0". When we stand and walk together (she's in my English class and we talk together after class), she's definitely taller but not by much. Do you think this would make a big difference? I know some girls don't like guys shorter than them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well in my case I have to say no because I am already short enough.I am 5'3 and prefer any guys above 5'8 but if I were at her height I think I would because 5'10 isn't that short though.2 inches doesn't really look much different unless if she is wearing heels =/

What Girls Said 9

• Depends on how much shorter really. But if I were in her position then I wouldn't have a problem with your height at all.

• You guys are already in the "tall people" group so I think it's fine. As long as both of you don't mind about your heights.

I'm 5'5" and I was in love with a classmate of mine who is shorter than me. I'm guessing his opinion of our heights had something to do with him rejecting me..

• He's a tiny man. He's already self-conscious about that. But, I think I saw a guy about your height date a woman at my height (5'10").

And, to be honest, I don't think that 5'10" is really "tall". You're just short. :P

• Haha thank you. You just made my day. To be called short is actually a compliment for me! :D

• Since this girl is already pretty tall (taller than a lot of guys for sure) she's probably won't mind going a little shorter, besides 2 in isn't really a big deal

• You're the exception since your 5'10. Since she is slightly taller than you she will still date you. We women just perfer our men are taller than us. Normally this applies to short & average hgt women. Taller women will have to be more open

• i would prefer my guy to be taller. but that dosnt control who I love...still jus a big preference though

• Yep. I don't think it would make much of a difference for you two :)

• I'm kind of short so if a guy is shorter than me id see him only as cute

• I like guys taller than me so no sorry :/

• no. I wouldn't. sorry.

What Guys Said 4

• I think you have a shot, better then you might think.

She's 6'. She might -like- when guys are significantly taller then her, but at her height she's probably kind of dealt with it. My impression is girls who are short-average can kind of cruise along always wanting taller guys. Tall girls might think its a plus, but they're less likely to have cut their potential dating pool down to like 20% of men.

• You're not as bad as I first imagined. I saw a girl date a guy about half her size, and another situation where a full-sized, hot woman was dating a dwarf at my college. :D

So, being two inches shorter is not a big deal to me. I probably won't look twice if I saw you and your girl in a crowd walking together - and that's probably what matters. That is, if you're so much shorter than her that people have to actually stare at you.

But, even then if you're okay with the difference, then it shouldn't matter to you if people did actually stare.

• Most probably wouldn't, but there are still those who would. I say give it a shot. If she isn't one of those who would, oh well. On to the next one.

• i'm 5'7, would love to date a girl that tall!