Am I crazy to think that tattoos look trashy on women.

My girlfriend is really thinking about getting a tattoo and out of the 7 years we have been together not once has she ever mentioned tattoos. However, I've always seen girls with tattoos and think its very unattractive and trashy.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not crazy to have a preference - as long as you realize it's merely your opinion and others will feel differently.

I love certain tattoos on men and women. I see it as an artistic expression - with the body as a canvas. Some people use it to permanently memorialize a specific important event or person. Some people use it as a way to remind themselves and express to others something meaningful. And others - it's just decoration.

Different folks have different strokes - as long as it doesn't hurt others, what's the harm?

BTW - I have no tattoos.

What Girls Said 10

• Why do you think they're trashy? Do you think every tattoo is trashy on a girl?

It's not crazy, you have your own opinion on things. Just know where your opinion is coming from, why you think that way. If she really wants a tattoo, make sure she takes like a year to think about it, so she won't regret it. Though I have a friend who got a tattoo and didn't really think about it, and she still loves it.

• Its just the way I've always felt about them. I don't like tattoos in general. I think theyre pointless and defaces the human body. However, I feel like she's doing it because its a trend now but she's not one to follow.

• Then tell her she should wait at least a year before she gets a tattoo done when she has an idea. I have an idea in my head (multiple) but I'm not 100% sure about them so I'm waiting until one of them sticks in my head so I can go ahead and do it. Tell her that, when she gets an idea for a tattoo, she should wait at least a year after that to see if the thought sticks.

• May I ask why? I don't have any tattoos, but I've heard people say similar things as you. But I don't get it. I don't think people with tattoos are any less or more attractive than people without them. It's just like...you like their face, their body, or whatever, but then you see they have a tattoo and they are suddenly not attractive? What?

• No you are not crazy. Every choice we make is a reflection (whether accurate or inaccurate) of our thoughts and values. Like joining this site. If friends knew I joined this, they would think of me as starting to become a bit trashy or uneducated. Just like if your girlfriend got a tattoo, people might judge her as being trashy and uneducated. She might act or think of herself differently though and prove so. Should it bother you much if you know her character is opposite? Though, I will say I've met very few level-headed, erudite women with tattoos...

• That's your opinion. We're all entitled to our preferences, as long as you don't act rude to women with tattoos or treat them differently no problem

• You're not crazy.

• depends on the type, quality ,quanities of the tattoo or tattoos. I dn't think you are crazy its just your opinion. To me some people & some tattoos do look quite trashy, its like a trend. Some pple go to far with the eyeball tatts, tongue tatts, genital tatts, head & face tattoos

• Depending on the tattoos, I have never met any guy that said my tattoos make me look trashy. If she really wants it, you should support her, not telling her that it's trashy or unattractive.

• Well I would think its her body and so you could choose to support her or not.

• You can think whatever you want and it doesn't make you crazy but you can't stop girls from getting tattooed.

• I have one and I was the type of person to never want one either. However, mine is very significant to me and is on my rib cage where it can be hidden easily. I only got it because my cousin, who was also my best friend, passed away in a car crash on Christmas. I don't normally like tattoos unless they have a very important meaning behind them. If someone ever told me my tattoo for my cousin was unattractive, I'd be very angry.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm turned on by rib tattoos on women. link

link

To answer your question you are not crazy. Some people like tats others don't like tats. It doesn't mean that if a girl has a tat she IS trashy though

• I can't stand tattoos. I agree with you...you're not crazy. However if the perfect girl for me was to come by, and the tattoo was the ONLY problem, and it was a small one on her ankle or foot, I could see myself overlooking it (I still wouldn't like it). When I see a tattoo, my first thought is something could be wrong with that persons head. I know that's wrong to think, but I know many many people with tattoos, and they've yet to come up with a good excuse for their permanent artwork. Seeing girls with tats is a BIG turn off for me...no matter how pretty she is.

• I just feel if I accept that she gets it, I'm going to have to see it and I REALLY CANT STAND tattoos, especially on a girl, big turn as well but its like I won't see her the same if you know what I mean.

• I agree with you

• I happen to agree. It's an "ugh" moment when I see an attractive women that has one. Definitely takes off points.