How do you rate your self image (face)?

You look in the mirror. Where does your face fall on a scale of one - 10?

Ideally I would make a body poll to compare results side-by-side...

For my face I rate it a 7/10 when I look in the mirror (most days), and a 6/10 on bad days. But when someone else takes a picture of me for some reason my worst traits always come out (maybe it's because I'm not ready for the picture or I look worse from the sides?) and I turn into a 5 or lower. Pretty sure I qualify as a 'cute' guy in person.

Body on the other hand...(slightly short, too scrawny)

• 1-2
  • 3-4
  • 5-6
  • 7-8
  • 9-10

Most Helpful Guy

• It takes a decent photographer to catch most people's features properly. Next time try turning slightly and looking at the camera at an angle, instead of straight on.

There's a reason they say the TV news camera adds ten pounds, and it applies to still photography too.

When you take a photo straight on it tends to flatten all of your features, and from the side it does the same, except in profile. So your best bet is to choose a 3/4 stance that gives a little bit of shadowing for the camera to pick up on those cheekbones, the outline of your nose, etc.

Source: model ex-girlfriend.

• That's cool! I'll try to keep that in mind.

Time for everyone to update their profile pics, lol!

What Girls Said 13

• About a 7 standard. 6 ish on a bad day - 8.5 ish when I get really dolled up.

I have pretty good facial symmetry, dramatic deep set eyes with a bit of a slant, nice skin tone, full lips which according to a lot of guys is my best facial feature lol

I just have a big nose I think, it's kinda cute and round, just big though. I have it pierced and I have to wear the biggest nose stud size or you won't even see the piercing barely : / have a bit of a strong jawline so it looks super square in pictures - I am the least photogenic person.

Body eh, I'd say a 6. Good size boobs, skinny, nice tushy - I just think I'm too skinny, and god I hate these narrow ass hips. People lie to my face and say they aren't so bad and it's cute for my size, screw that - they are too narrow and not attractive; the icon of an hourglass woman is such for a reason, because that is what's attractive and gives a woman a feminine shape. Plus, my race is expected to have wide hips / thighs, so it doesn't help all my friends look like Beyonce lol :P

• I usually rate my face as a 7 or 8, with or without makeup. My nose is a little bigger than I like and has kind of a bulbous tip, but it's not an extreme problem. I really don't like that my cheeks are so dry, but I haven't yet found a moisturizer that works for my needs. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with my face.

• Sometimes I feel ugly but when I dress up I feel a lot better about myself. From days it can be a 5 to a 10 if I'm dressed up and feeling perfect about myself. Not saying I am a perfect 10 but it depends how I feel. Usually, when people rate me it's a 8.5. Rude people have told me before although compliment and I actually was curious and put up a picture of myself or www.facethejury.com LOL to see what ratings I would get. Overall, I would give myself an 8...I feel so shallow for rating myself and conceited. Let's put it this way, few probably think I'm ugly, few think I'm gorgeous, but a lot of would probably consider me attractive/cute. I don't normally dress my best though...so my rating can go down

• I want to add I hate my pictures and I think I look ugly in them. My rating goes further down =( hahahahah.

• Yeah, it's strange. I even tried to capture what I see in the mirror with my camera but for some reason I can never get it to look the same! Angles/lighting/posture or something.

• Oh and yes I look terrible in photos. It takes me so many tries for a good pic. I'm not photogenic lol

• I think I've got a slightly above average face. I've been genetically graced with some good features in that regard: big blue-eyed, smallish nose, fullish lips, mostly clear complexion.

Took me forever to figure out how to smile for a camera and not look derpy though.

• 6...

Eyes are a 9 or 10... pulls the average up.

• 7-8 on good days. 5-6 on bad days. Only with natural lighting though. It's amazing how different I could look under different lighting.

• 4 without make up I guess a 5 with it? When I look at myself, I see me. I kind of base the numbers off what other people think.

• I think you can get it even higher, but it's one of those things where you have to hunt out your weak points and make the best usage out of strong points.

• I don't know about that. You can almost certainly improve other things and work around it. The nose isn't the single defining feature of the female face.

Like a clear complexion and a subtle tan can do a little justice, too. Long and straight hair can be trimmed up and made to bounce a little (I can't help but associate personality with hair a little sometimes).

• I always thought a nose was most important since I was made fun in school for 6 years. Guys always said my nose was too big. I'm just really insecure about it I guess.

• I don't really do number rates but I use to not like certain features but now I love them

• Depends how I feel. I can feel like a 2 and some days I feel like a 9 when I dress up and put some effort. By most guys and sites (yes shamefully curious to see what I was rated) I seemed to have average rating of 8.5

• I shan't rate myself, though I am happy with how I look, the only thing I dislike is the acne scars and breakouts!

• 7-8 usually..

• a 2 without makeup and an 8 with LOL

• I'll bet you could easily raise to a 10 with the right kind of self-improvement attitude, then.

• thats quite the range lol ;p

• 8. No hesitation included.^.^

What Guys Said 13

• I definitely think highly of myself. My eyes are my best feature which are oceanic blue with gold specks. Aside from that my features are symmetrical. Nothing too big or small. Nothing spaced too far or close. Always had clear and healthy skin. In grade 10 I was one of the only guys with a 5 o'clock shadow which was awesome. Entire family is blessed with good genes.

• I would rate my face at a 3 and I'm not even going to talk about the rest of me. Overall self image, self confidence, and self worth is abysmal at this point. As for my face, it's round and I have large cheeks. Proportions are normal, though I used to grow my hair into an Afro to make my head look smaller (it's just about the size of Jupiter, and it's near impossible to find a hat that fits me).

• You are 22. Don't give up!

Follow the advice I am giving to Cfctorres below. It takes time, but you really do see results like after one year passes (significant results after more time passes)!

I don't mean to make the wrong assumptions or anything, but it's easy to go up a point or two if a guy fixes his unibrow, shaves his face, cuts his nails, and dresses with some fashion sense (like GQ but only things you would like to wear).

From what I've read, beauty is mostly just symmetry.

• 11/10 mind you I have an over inflated self esteem and brimming with confidence. a happy demeanor and bright smile can out shine a body any day of the week. combine the 2 then bam you got me ;)

• front on I think my face is alright, I have a big nose and its hooked so side on I look terrible. In pictures I always look bad. I don't know 6/10 maybe on average.

Body I'm reasonably tall (6ft at 17) but got no mass, not ever kidding pretty much a stick would give my body like a 2/10 lol.

But yeh I always get those stupid "you're cute" compliments that make me rage haha

• Dude, at least you are a reasonable height and called cute. Imagine being 5' 8.5" or something.

My advice: 'Eat a calorie, Lift a pound'. Do exercises that work out all the different muscles and eat as much protein as you can. Don't work out for more than an hour. Progress will occur (I've seen it happen with my skinny friends, so I'm following their examples now).

Here, catch:

link

• That #d model has super duper toned legs.

• I would say 8-9. If my nose wasn't so pointed, probably a 10. That's just my face, though.

• One and a half Chainsaws? :)

• I just took this pic of myself last week (profile pic). What rating would you girls give me?

• i voted A

• id say my face is like a 5

• Your options only go to 10.

• odd how no girls think they are just average and guys are all the way 1-10

• Yeah, I noticed that. It's like guys are an even distribution, but most girls have good opinions of themselves.

I was working out earlier and I went to look in the mirror after and felt I was a 6/10 this time for face, but my body went up a little (probably from my biceps and triceps being pumped with blood). I dunno, maybe I'm only a 7 if I TRY to be? And then it kind of seems like I'm being a hollywood actor or something. (Not the best one either)

• 1. I hate myself.

• Change yourself!

The body is just a biological machine. If you look at it from that aspect, just upgrade your machine's parts.

Shave, invest in some fashionable attire, remove stray hairs, work-out. Suddenly you find yourself a few points higher. It DOES work.

• why are you so nice lol

• I guess I just hate to see people beat themselves up and love to see underdogs overcome.

Also, I'm kind of at war with Fate (well, a spiritual war).

• im man pretty but I don't shave consistently so I go with a 7-8. cleaned up tan & hair done I'm a 9.

• While unemployed I let it all grow out. While employed I shaved like once or twice a week.

Sometimes I think I look kind of cool with the right amount of facial hair, but it's hard to keep it in that zone and I find in general it's better to be shaved.

• same here except its every other day maybe 2 if working where I need to. if not ill go 4 or 5 days but then its too thick & starts to itch. day of & day after shaving looks best I think