Does anybody know of any really good face wash?

that would help get rid of blackheads? maybe not even face wash, just anything to get rid of them. they're horrible, I get them on my chin and nose. they aren't visible unless you're up really close, but my school is all windows and its right on the water (which means its EXTREMELY bright) which brings them out.

i'm open to anything that will help, thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• I know of this scrub, St. Ives Swiss Formula Apricot Scrub Blemish & Blackhead Control. I've heard a lot (and I mean A LOT) of girls say it's really good, plus it's super cheap (about 3$) so you might wanna try that out. As for other methods, this website has tips on how you can do it yourself: link

Ooooor, the way I heard you could do it is, you take a hot shower to open up your pores or you use a hot compress over the area with the blackheads. Now your skin has to be clean for this, of course. So what you need is this professional blackhead remover that basically every beauty supply store has, it's that thingy that has a scoop with a hole in the middle of it on one end, and the other end is a lance; all you have to do is you put the scoop over the blackhead, and apply pressure. Don't apply too much pressure, just a little should work just fine! If you don't find the tool, you could do the same thing with a disinfected bobby pin.

Hope this helps!

• Thanks, the apricot face scrub works well I forgot about that, but could you explain how to do this bobby pin thing? haha

• I completely agree. I used to have a lot of acne but not blackheads, and I started using proactive. It got rid of my acne, but my blackheads started to appear. I started using St. Ives Swiss Formula as it is stated above me. It got rid of my blackheads.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't believe anything short of a Borax scrub, followed by a vigorous buffing with lightly abrasive sandpaper will suffice. But then, I haven't had a blackhead in a very long time.

• You want to use salicylic acid on your face first, then follow that up with Benzoyl Peroxide. I use Acne Free Severe and it keeps acne off my face 98% of the time. Black heads are tough though. Best thing I've found so far are those facial strip things.

• face washers just make the blackheads smaller, if you want to get rid of them just go to a dermatologist they got some kind of procedure that can help get rid of blackheads. A good way to try and prevent them is by washing your face with neutrogena at day and at night.

What Girls Said 14

• You're looking for a product with 3-6% salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is first line recommended over-the-counter treatment for comedones (white heads/black heads).

Look for a wash. Use it once or twice a day. Less at first until you see how your skin reacts to it. It can be very drying. And overusing a product can cause your body to try to compensate, make more oil so you end up really oily between applications. Try to avoid the skin around your eyes because this is thinner/more senitive and can lead to irritation/ side effects. When you use it - take your time - try to take at least 5 minutes to have that wash on your face.

Some side effects: dry skin, local irritation. If you experience ear ringing, dizziness, flushing - contact your pharmacist or MD.

Also, you want to be aware of how much you are touching your face (stop it!) and don't squeeze because that just forces the material further into your pores leading to damage and prolonged acne. Try to keep your hair off your face as it has a lot of oils in it. And keep hair products like hairspray off your skin as well. Tone down the makeup - because it clogs pores. Washing makeup off completely at the end of the day before you sleep. Also, wash your face clothes and pillowcase regularly.

• Oh yeah - And it can take 4 weeks for your skin to turn over so that is how long it will take for you to start seeing real results - 4 weeks.

• The black head extraction tool/bobby pin method does work but you can't do it very often and you have to be careful because it can damage your skin if you don't do it correctly. The St. Ives Apricot Scrub is a great inexpensive way to keep your skin smooth and help get rid of and prevent blackheads. If you are willing to invest a little more money into your skin you should try the Sugar Face Polish by Fresh. You can find it at Sephora stores or online.

I know it seems pricey but 1 jar lasts me about 6 months! I use it about 3 times a week along with The Soy Face Cleanser also by Fresh everyday and my skin stay extremely clear even though I have oily skin and am acne prone. Whatever you try just know that it takes about 3 weeks for your skin to fully adjust to a new product so even if it seems like it is working at first make sure you wait and during that 3rd or 4th week see how your skin is looking and feeling :D

• Neutrogena or Clinique are really good

• Sea Breeze! or the generic brand works the same!

• St. Ives Apricot Scrub and Aveeno Positively Radiant face pads are both awesome.

• you can get those nose strips that you put on till they harden and they pull out the dead skin when you peel them off. or you can go to the derm and get a treatment (not sure how $$ it is though). any particular face wash isn't going to make it go away though :(

• umm have you tried the black head eracer by clean and clear or the little thing by nutrogina or how ever you spell that or just go to the store and find some clean and clear proudct and it will work use sylic acid or benzyoal peroxide (I am sorry I am a terrible speller) but hope that helped

• Get a face creme with glycolic acid and vitamin c or any other strong anti-oxidants, because blackheads are caused by oxidation of sebum. Use the creme only at night and a good moisturizer during the day to keep your skin in balance.

• Instead of using a face wash why not try cleansing, toning and moisturizing and getting in to a good skin care routine ?

x

• I heard that elmer's glue works.

• ...seriously?

• Yeah. I haven't tried it, but I heard from a couple people that it'll work, and that your skin's really soft afterward, as well.

• neutrogina deep clean.

• neutrogena 3 step face wash. its great!

• dermalogica...anything from their line.

• anything natural works well.i was my face with milk and honey (And no, I'm not kidding)