I have a meeting with a fashion college this week. What should I wear?

I'm 18, trying to get into the top fashion schools in the state. I'm not comfortable wearing shorts but that's it. Any ideas? I don't want to look like I'm trying to hard but not trying hard enough you know. And I'm not sure if I'm suppose to wear summery still or transition into fall haha. Any advice I'll take it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't divert too much from your own style. They want an idea of what you're all about - and in fashion, obviously you are a reflection of that even if you're only just starting on that path. So yeah - just take what you'd usually where and professionalize it.

So maybe dark skinny jeans. Heeled boots. A graphic tee and a blazer with some cool accessories.

A cute dress and a blazer.

A shirt and pencil skirt. It depends on your style. You want to put yourself across, so if you're more bohemian go with that, but dressed up a bit.

What Guys Said 3

• Wear professional casual attire. Your appearance should reflect the relevance of the meeting.

• Just wear what you like, don't think the shorts are an issue.

• It depends on the weather but if it is before labor day and nice out then wear something light colored that suits your skin shade. Do not wear anything too risqué and do not wear very high heels. Keep your hair up and do not over accessorize.

• :P labor day has passed yes? Well if it is sunny out still wear something light colored but maybe not all white hahaha

What Girls Said 4

• Umm, I find it hard to believe anyone would advise wearing jeans? As a recruiter I'm constantly amazed at how applicants come in dressed. This is your first and possibly only opportunity to be your best and look your best. I would advise dress blouse with a dark solid color skirt and hosiery and heels. Light on the make up and wear your hair how you normally would. Again like a job interview you want to look your very best. If you don't care if you get in, just wear a t shirt jeans and flip flops.

• i work for a fortune 500 company and we see mostly young women dressed like they are going to the beach or do laundry, they don't know what style is and dress way to casual for work or meetings in general. The men seem to put it together better with suit and jackets, but the girls just don't know what a pair of pantyhose and heels are anymore.

• This isn't a job interview. It's fashion college. It's about being chic but professional; not just 'could be worn to any formal interview' professional.

• Good luck!

• If it's a interview I wouldn't suggest shorts anyways, wear what reflects your personal style. Dress according to the weather. Personally I'd probably wear boots with either leggings or nice skinny jeans, with a lace shirt, scarf and cardigan. Good luck(:

• dress and blazer or like skinny jeans a t-shirt nd a blazer with your hair in a secure nd tight ponytail nd do like eyelinerrrrrr OOOO lool

• maybe a blazer with nice pant.

Be casual and classy