Dress shoes with jeans?

Do you think it looks weird or is it fine? One person said it looks funny but I think it might be because I wear a size 10 1/2 and the shoes are narrow as it gets near the toes.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it looks fine. I've seen it done many times!

• Yeah that's what I was telling them! I think they are just used to seeing me with dress shoes only in dress pants.

What Girls Said 4

• I think it's sexy if the guy wears it with the right jeans, and has the right look for it. By look, I mean choice of style - a guy who is more professional dressed will look hot in it =] But I've seen hard rockers and emo styled guys who do it - and I think it looks awful.

So if you are a professional-type dresser in the first place, it should look pretty good.

• I think it depends on the dress shoes. How formal are they? If they're casual enough to wear with khakis, it's rare that they can't be pulled off with jeans.

If they're patent leather or anything particularly shiny or polished, I say no.

• Let me see if I can find a picture online

link

• Oooooh, I don't know. Tough, those are pretty dressy. If you do it, do it with the darkest rinse, classiest jeans you own...and make sure the shirt you wear has a collar, or wear a fatigue sweater or something. Do rest assured that no girl worth her salts ever ditched a guy for wearing dress shoes with jeans...no matter how it looked. ;-)

• I know a little dressy ha ha I'd have to get some black jeans since I used them all for work and they have holes now lol My size is hard to find :( 32x36

• i think it looks fine on guys

• I think it looks fine. I wear dress shoes with jeans all the time

What Guys Said 2

• Doesn't matter what they say, if you like it, wear it like a champ.

That being said, I like to wear dress shoes and jeans, but only really when I'm wearing a button shirt or sweater or something up top. T-shirt generally means no dress shoes (for me). But I think it's a great way to get that classy/casual look.

• I think it looks a little weird, but it's pretty much the standard combo for a guy on a night out (clubs won't let you in without smart shoes, but most will accept jeans).