How to deal with dating someone way out of your league?

So the guy I'm seeing is extremely good-looking. He can honestly get any girl he wants, and looks like he just stepped out of a magazine 24/7 without even trying. However he's extremely smart and very deep and that's what I like most about him; the kind of talks we have are unparalleled. We used to be really good friends before we started dating so I do know him really well and that we click on an emotional and intellectual level.

But I just can't seem to get past the inequality when it comes to our looks. I don't mean to sound conceited, and ironically most of my confidence was destroyed by my last relationship with an ex that constantly put my looks down, but I was scouted for modeling (only once though) when I was younger and nowadays a fair amount of people do ask me if I model when I first meet them (even though I am slightly too short for that and a bit too curvy now; measurements are 35- 26- 36).

Anyways, I just, I don't know. While we get along ridiculously well and have so much in common, etc. I can't help but feel rather inferior to him since he's just so attractive and I honestly know that I can't ever measure up to that same level in terms of physical appearance.

I do love who I am as a person overall, don't get me wrong, but I've never been in a relationship where the differentiation in physical attractiveness is so big and I'm finding it hard to not be somewhat insecure. Especially when the most beautiful girls I've ever seen single him out and try to flirt with him when we're in public.

Anyone who has any personal experiences with this sort of thing, or feedback of any sort would be great, thanks. I really appreciate it! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably doesn't even need make up to be attractive, does he?

Just deal with it. Sure he might get rid of you for someone more on his level, but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying the ride while it lasts. And who knows? Maybe that ride won't end unless you say it does. Slim chance? You bet. Impossible? Heck no.

What Guys Said 1

• Just don't worry about it. I know that sounds kind of obvious and cliche, but honestly, if this man is indeed an intellectual, getting "any girl" means nothing. If you connect both intellectually and emotionally, than you are likely an ideal girl in his eyes. Just be yourself and be happy, and you will be fine, it sounds like that has been working thus far.

What Girls Said 1

• you should stop being in-confident and stop comparing him with yourself.he will realize that and that will make you look unattractive.guys like the confidence in a girl so be happy that you are with him and enjoy your relationship.