Why do guys only for hot girls?

And why do some men place women such as these on pedestal and seem to think they are the top females attractive wise? Its so unrealistic!

link

*Why do men think that in everyday society/life women can't look like the girl in the link?/Why do they think the girl in the link looks wise is so rare and sexy and no female who isn't a cele can look like her?**

Most Helpful Guy

• Science is revealing more and more reasons why. Genetics studies are showing a man's son gets a lot of his genetic traits and expressions from the mother. In particular, a British study involving tens of thousands of subjects who were required to submit pics of themselves, their parents, if they could their grandparents, in their mid-20s. Then they were rated for attractiveness. the pics of parents were not shown with offspring. The results shook genetic science to the core. A man's attractiveness is strictly determined by the attractiveness of his mother. Rating after rating showed that conclusively, almost irrefutably. In short, science seems to suggest what mens' instincts knew for a long time; if a man wants to have hot sons, he needs to mate with a hot woman. It turned out daughters did not seem to have a strict correlation, however. There were some instances where two parents rated as attracted still had a daughter rated as unattractive.

This really should not come as a surprise. There are many genetic disorders documented that men can only get from their mothers, like color blindness, so there was already a basis to figure that out.

What Guys Said 7

• Any woman with her figure (and heavier, to a point) can look that good with Photoshop and a good graphic artist, and the reason that a lot of people (not just men) think that women in everyday society/life can't look that good is BECAUSE THEY CAN'T. We don't have the technology to augment reality with Photoshop/After Effects filters 24/7 with virtual reality interfaces, so nobody that you see face to face will look that good. It simply isn't realistic.

And men place women like her on an "attraction pedestal" that you describe for a couple of reasons:

1) They are already attractive.

2) They are designed to be attractive. As I mentioned earlier, Photoshop, a good graphic artist, and a good makeup artist can make just about anyone look that good. Granted that because a lot of celebrities look good by default, this process makes them look flawless, which is unrealistic.

I'm starting to ramble, so I'll get back to the original question in the title:

There is no answer for this, because different guys have different preferences as to what sort of facial features/structure and body type that they like. So one mans "hot" can be another mans" not" if you get my drift.

• Careful not to generalize chica. I'll be the first to say guys are dumb a**hole douchebags but not all of us expect women to look like Scarlett Johansen, nor do we think that the women we see everyday are unattractive. I've seen many common women who are just as or more beautiful than SJ, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Most, if not all celebrities look horrible without makeup, I know I don't put them on a pedestal.

• Because attraction is the beginning and the base of everything - without it there is nothing and nothing can be.

• Idk but she's pretty

• I don't, so I really don't know.

• It's airbrushed

• It's genetic. We're attracted to women with good genes who would bear us many fine young children.

That's how we define "hot".

What Girls Said 3

• Guys don't ONLY go for hot girls. Personality actually takes a toll in most cases. I know tons of pretty, shy girls that don't get asked out and less attractive girls with outgoing, bubbly personalities that get hit on like mad.

If you're wondering why guys don't hit on you as often as other women, maybe you should try using proper grammar and stop generalizing. Manners and intellect can go a long way ;)

• Maybe you shouldn't be a bitch ;)

• f***ing grammar police /puke

• I'm not saying you can't make typos, but at least TRY to write coherent sentences.

• If ya think about we women have a tendency to do the same to men.

• Omg I can't tell you how many times my girl friends have drooled over a guys abs -.-

• What's wrong with guys getting with hot women?

• Haha I think she's jealous xD

• I ask because my boyfriend recently cheated on me with a girl he described as the hottest thing since sliced bread and altho he considered me pretty I wasn't "hot enough"

• Obviously you weren't hot enough for him, doesn't mean you have to hate all hot women. You should hate him only for betraying your trust. That girl and her hotness have nothing to do with the disfunction that happened in your guys relationship. Something tells me your jealousy is what led him to cheat