Girls do you settle for lesser guys because they give you attention?

I just notice a lot how hot girls are sometimes with pretty douchey looking guys a lot who don't really look that great or seem to be successful in any way. Why would you bother settling for garbage like that when you clearly could get someone nicer, better looking, and with more aspirations in life? Is it simply because often times these guys just don't care about things they do so they give more women attention so you like them just for that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I settled for a guy like that... not that attractive and worked at Walmart, because I thought I was getting to the age when I needed to settle down. All my friends were married, engaged, or in serious relationships and I didn't want to be the odd one out, so I settled for a guy who was nice enough.

Turned out to be a bad idea - he abused me and then broke my heart. If a better guy had come along first then I would have gone out with him, but now... I'm afraid I have a hard time trusting anyone.

• that's so sad to hear :(

• No I don't think all guys are like that. But I'm having a hard time finding one decent enough to risk my heart with, if that makes sense.

• well I hope things turn around for you and not all guys are like that some are very nice and caring.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't understand how you rate guys but I believe that there is something in those lesser guys that they are attracted to - it may not be physical but perhaps personality. Being in a relationship as far as I've learned is to be with someone whom you are comfortable with, who can treat you right, whom you can be yourself and whom you can share with everything. If you find that guy, I don't think physical appearance will really matter. I am in love with an unattractive person, but if I am to be asked why I chose him in spite of the presence of guys better than him, my answer would be: I know there are a lot better than him in so many ways, but I doubt if there is someone who can love and treat me right as much as he does and who I can love much more than I do with him.

• I don't mean just in terms of looks. I see plenty of people in relationships where guy is a loser and doesn't even care about girl much but she for whatever reason stays with guy. Your situation is fine sry if I made it sound like it's all about looks lol.

• There is no way to know a person from looking at him/ her. You don't know their ethics or convictions or soul. from looking t how attractive a face is.

its certainly not for an outsider to say 'you can do better'. that's only something a person can know about themselves. not someone else.

personally I would never be in a relationship unless a lot of other factors fit together,

I like him. I respect him he likes me. He respects me. We are able to have open honest respectful discussions about ANYTHING. We don't presume. We ask. We don't interfere with each others work. We have similar ethics. (Ethics covers a vast amount of ideological territory)

And of course what separates him from a close friend is we desire each other.

• Girls settle sometimes because they're lonely or insecure... its not easy or automatic just cause you're hot that guys will be all over you and talking to u, usually the good ones keep their distance but the desperate ones hit on em so eventually they say yes cause its all they see/experience. At this rate I'm thinking of settling because none of the guys I want are showing interest in me and I'm too shy to approach them so...

• I don't "settle" at all. If *I* find him attractive, if *I* find him nice, I go for him. I don't care about your opinion. It's mine, my perception, that matters.

• Sometimes it's their personality that gets me. If a guy isn't attractive physically, but has a really nice personality and is a sweetheart, he's suddenly attractive to me and what I didn't find attractive before becomes suddenly cute.

Also sometimes it's just because of the fear of cheating. My friend's boyfriend isn't much of a looker, but she says she's good to her and she never has to worry about him cheating with another girl because she's probably the best he can do. If she was dating a hot successful guy she'd be freaked if a girl even stepped near him. That sounds really horrible now that I say that out loud...

• so should I become uglier? lol.

• well technically it's emphasis in Statistics but still a type of math BS degree hehe. Yeah I know what you mean lol. I think and I don't know why though most people don't think of me as nerd.

• Because people think nerds can't be good looking. I've dated nerds who were cute and honestly they're a lot funner than regular guys. People are always surprised to find that I have a 4.0 in college and that I like video games. They assume I'm ditzy and do whatever ditzy people do lol.

• There were a few times where I had feelings for guys that I thought that I would never have feelings for. Maybe I did not find them attractive or interesting but when I get to know them better, they are actually great. So it really depends. He may not be the best looking guy but maybe he's smart and he makes me laugh... things like that.

• I went for a lesser guy and he didn't give me enough attention at all. Hence..we broke up. So I don't feel the same way. Not to mention he was boring as f***. I thought he was at my same level...I was terribly wrong. -_- I would give anything to have a guy who is like me and at my same level. I'm tired of losers. And average looks don't always equal "blah" people. Just saying. Sometimes the gorgeous guys are just as or more "blah."

What Guys Said 1

• girls are far less likely to settle than guys are