Do you think Jersey Shore makes Italians look bad?

I'm not Italian by the way but it seems like everybody on that show is always showing stereotypes like being all loud, the gold chains, being violent, all macho meat heads, womanizers, stupid (snooki). I love Italian culture and the country itself because iv been to Florence and Rome and most of the cast aren't even fully Italian . Most people at my school now assume that just because your Italian you have to have huge muscles and an ugly ass tan and have a douche bag wardrobe.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it does. There are down to earth and respectable Italians like myself and I certainly don't fake tan do steriods and pump my fist to horrible music... Real Italians are not like that. Those types are all the Long Island sheep who don't know how to act or be themselves. (Almost all guidos are actually from Long Island, not New Jersey)

What Girls Said 4

• The people on Jersey shore aren't the representatives of Italians...

• Are you serious? Definitely. Snooki is not even italian.

• No it does not make Italians look bad. It makes Jersey look bad.

• Jersey Shore makes people who dress and act like that look bad. TV is about making money and stereotyped outlandish behavior draws an audience. I have no doubt that a reasonably intelligent person who met an Italian American who did not act like that wouldn't be wondering when exactly the true you was going to come out.

• Guidos and guidettes simply are bad. Worst subculture since emo.

• It is so hard for me to believe that anyone would think that level of casual sex is okay. I cannot believe that people would hookup with a roommate and not feel awkward seeing that roommate bringing home another chick or a guy the next night. That level of promiscuity is unbelievable.

What Guys Said 3

• Jersey Shore makes everyone look bad.

• At the end of the day, they're still Americans. I'd say they make America look worse than they do ethnic Italians.

• the people thatwaste their time following every move these assclowns make are the ones that look bad, and I expect most are Americans.

• Southern Italians(except touristic areas) are making Italy look bad

The cast from Jersey Shore are just making guidos look bad