How much do you care about your potential partner dress style?

I realize I care a lot, if I don't like the guy style I can't see myself dating him, taking photos with him with his awful style lol...

never noticed this before but its something that I care more than his actual looks

What about you girls?

Guys too but I don't think guys care that much...

i mean I don't wanna stare at him and think oh no that shirt again lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I know if I don't like how he dresses then I can't see myself dating him or really being that attracted to him. True story

• exactly my point...i never stop to think about this when a friend wanted me to "date" her brother and I saw his photos and I just hate how he dresses...

What Guys Said 5

• Most girls seem to spend A LOT of time on looks so I assume they would dress pretty decently anyway. Lol your last sentence makes me think of the gay couple on American Dad, making fun of other mens outfits ahaha.

I personally wear jeans and a tshirt/hoodie depending on the season, apparently it's more of a local thing to not wear some weird looking mens fashion crap, though other guys seem to go nuts on shoes..

• hahaha yeah I love gay man we think alike lol...yeah basic is good :) jeans and tshirts you usually can't go wrong with that...but omg those black pattern shirts inside pants not good...

• The day I tuck any shirt inside my pants I give you permission to shoot me. Exlcuding suits, lol tucked in shirts look weird.

• exactly my point...and yeah with suits its fine

• I do care how GF's dress, I like the business look that carrys over to casual.

• She can wear whatever she wants. If she's comfortable in it then I don't care.

• even man clothes?

• Of coarse, I don't care. What she wears is her own business.

• yeah true that's why I don't wanna be with someone that dresses to ugly to my eyes cause I won't change him and he has bad taste...

• I guess I care somewhat, but as long as she is attractive does not really matter.

• i guess if the guys is like really reallly attractive like some Brad Pitt thing I wouldn't care as well lol but if he is normal then I care

• Well, I mean I have preferences for how girls dress, but if she is attractive and has a personality I like then I would date them.

• I don't care that much, tbh. It's mostly what she looks like when the clothes are off that matters most! ;-)

What Girls Said 5

• I care to a extent. I don't want to go out with a slob who looks like he hasn't changed his clothes in days. I try and make a effort to look good for my partner so I expect the same from him.

• I care a lot but in the opposite sense. I cannot be with a guy that's groomed to the hilt, only wears a certain brand, has to be on "trend", spends his time making sure he looks "stylish" etc,etc. Basically I hate high maintenance and prefer the more casual chilled out look because I do believe your clothes can reflect your personality. Give me a guy in jeans(not skinny), hoodie,tshirt any day

• yeah I agree I mean you can't go wrong with basic, some stylish looks are just awful... I hate the super groomed too

• My boyfriend often asks my opinion on clothes and shoes... If he likes it and is comfortable wearing it, then I like it. As long as his clothes are clean, I don't really care what he wears.

• Thats nice of him...but if I really don't like a guy style and he asks me is this good I say no and then no over and over again wouldn't be nice...

• Oh I know the feeling. It sounds really shallow, but even though I loved my ex, I didn't like any of his clothes or his style. It didn't stop me going out with him or anything, but it did mean that I bought him clothes and made suggestions about what he should wear. He was pretty laid back so he didn't mind. I knew he was a country boy and all, I just really didn't like the puffer vest over plaid shirt look...

• haha could be worst...well its shallow but has a point I mean its part of the packet no?! I just realized this cause a friend wants me to date her brother but I hate the way he dress with pattern shirts inside pants, I do prefer the stylish or basic, but not tacky boring

• I don't notice much I like them to keep it simple though white fitted sh*t and jeans are fine

• but if its awful like huge belts and shirts inside jeans and weird patterns ?