Have you ever stripped the color out of your hair?

my hair is naturally blond and I get light highlights, and I'm thinking about stripping the color out, but I've heard its really damaging..so have you ever done it? what was your hair like afterwards?

okay so maybe this isn't so clear..stripping your hair is when you get any dye/artificial color removed, so it goes back to its original color. if anyone has had this done, was your hair damaged afterwards?

Most Helpful Girl

• you mean bleach it? I've streaked my hair...it's naturally dark brown---kinda chocolatey brown and I've gone with platinumblond streaks, with graded colours the make it all blend it---so multi-toned---yeah, it's really harsh on your hair,what I did was put lots of conditioner on it every day & it worked out. just make sure you super-condition it before you get it done.^_^

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Why would you strip it if it's already blonde? Stripping doesn't guarantee that it will be your natural color, and I've done it many times. It will pretty much have the same effect as if you bleached it. You know what your natural color is, so why not just find a dye that matches really close and dye over your highlights? That would solve your problem, and cause a lot less damage than stripping it would, plus stripping wouldn't really do anything. Not what you're expecting it to do anyway, haha.

• i had black dye stripped from my hair once. it's not that bad. what happens is that whatever they put in your hair opens up the scales in the hair follicle which allows the dye to be washed out. make sure you get it done professionally and use some really nice deep conditioners when it's done.

• i still have virgin hair and I'm soo afraid to dye it because I've heard it doesn't relaly help your hair (mine's really thin)