Do your feet continue to grow after reaching adulthood?

I'm 27 now and I feel that within the last 3 years I've gone from a size 10.5 shoe (US) to a 11. I had some snowboard boots and some formal shoes I had to get rid of because they wouldn't fit anymore. Has anyone else experienced this?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• They can widen. They can also flatten depending on what happened to them. They can also get bigger from obesity.

What Girls Said 5

• Technically, no. However, like others have mentioned they to 'flatten out'. They get wider and your arch will drop which will make them longer too. Ears keep growing your entire life!

• I've heard that feet change size during pregnancy......not that I think that'd be your particular cause...

• Maybe your feet have gained some weight or your socks are expanding.

• they usually don't. but if you wear "space-y" or open shoes a lot, they tend to expand a little.. half a size isn't really much anyway

• Maybe it's all the bovine growth hormone. I noticed this also.

What Guys Said 3

• They won't technically grow any more, in the sense that the actual bones won't get any longer, but if you put on weight, the extra fat and just the physical pressure pushing down on your feet will cause them to expand.

• I'm 17 and mine stopped growing like a year ago.

• Yeah I thought mine did to at your age.

• Mine are a 12 so I can't go much bigger.

• Mine have gone from a 9.5 when I was a highly competitive athlete in college to 11 now. I think they have flattened out along with fat percentage increasing making them wider. I also think they make the shoe sizes different than they did 10 years ago.