Can you still look good scruffy?

I'm gonna be honest, I'm in college all the time and I'm usually very tired and don't have time to style my hair in the mornings and shave, is it OK to go scruffy? I mean once you don't look dirty and smelly lol, I make sure to smell nice and wash but I notice people looking at me a lot more when I don't style my hair and don't shave for a few days, is it bad? pardon the bored and sleepy look

Me today : link

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 15

• stubble FTW!

• One word: Aragorn.

(Further response: I do like my man a little scruffy sometimes, although usually clean shaven.)

• I prefer scruffy. If I see a good looking guy I picture him scruffy and he instantly becomes hotter. Its all down to personal taste and I simply don't like pretty boys

• It's not bad. I personally prefer the scruffy but clean look. Nothing more tedious than a guy who wastes a lot of time arranging his hair or pruning his facial topiary when there are so many things to see and read and learn in the world. Rock it.

• A lot of girls love the scruffy look on a guy. If he keeps himself clean, but doesn't shave, has a bit of a case of bed head etc - they really like it. Myself included. Much better than lots of manscaping.

• I don't think it looks bad at all. and that's good that you keep it clean and everything. I prefer guys who are a little scruffy looking...as weird as it sounds my dad shaves, but I think he looks better when he has a couple days growth and what not, but he shaves because he says 'theres too much gray in his beard' hahaha

• haha my fiance sometimes looks scruffy cause he works a lot and he's saving for our wedding etc. actually my fiance has your hair, he also has brown hair.

scruffy is fine, as long as you look like you tried, I believe that's a pass

• Your not that scruffy so its fine. But let it get outta hand because not many people can pull off the overly scruffy look.

• Some guys can, yes.

Scruffiness doesn't suit you.

• scruffy = sexy

• Really cute, I think you look better with scruff...Some guys do look better with stubble.

• I love the scruffy look

• it's OK as long as you clean up and smell nice, unless you are having a really formal presentation, lol. potatoes may fly...:D

• Nope

• Of course everyone looks better when they're well groomed, but you're attractive so even if you're scruffy you still look good. Not everyone can get away with that though. I know I can't lol.

What Guys Said 5

• I think the key is not looking dirty and smelling good. After that, you're going to get some positive and some negative reactions all because of how the girl is.

It's gonna be a personal preference thing for the girl on if she likes a clean shaved face or not. I was clean shaven for 29 years except for a time I had a goatee. Then I grew a beard for No Shave November (prostate cancer awareness activity) and I've kept the beard since then, so I've had one for almost a year now. I've noticed an actual increase in attention after growing the beard. It might be because I'm somewhat baby faced and the beard makes me look closer to my age. I'm 30, and I still get people who think I'm about 25 even with the beard. I keep the beard trimmed down shorter - not 5 o'clock shadow length, but not bushy, either. I suppose in my particular case, it makes me look more mature, and the girls giving attention like mature men.

As for my hair...well, when it was shorter nobody really paid much attention to it because a lot of guys have short hair. When I started to grow my beard, I let my hair grow as well. I trimmed it once for my pharmacy school rotation so I'd look more professional, but it's growing out again. The longer it gets, the more girls go for it. I brush it in the morning so as to not have bedhead or so it doesn't dry in every direction after a shower, but nothing more than a quick brushing. For some reason the longer it gets, the more it changes from straight to wavy so now it's in a weird somewhat wavy stage. No matter how neat my hair may be, someone will always come by and play with it and mess it up. They talk about how soft it is and just play with it, so it doesn't stay neat for long. The girl I'm dating some LOVES to play with my hair, and loves to pull it. When I trimmed my hair she told me I she liked it better when it was longer.

• good answer, I guess its all down to preference really, some people will like it and some won't

• You look fine, you don't look unnecessarily unclean or anything. You turn out better than I do when I don't take care of myself at least.

link

• I think it depends on the texture of your hair. You've got the right texture, so could probably pull it off and still look good. If I, on the other hand, were to do that, I'd end up looking like Lion-O. link

• Clothes make the man, not a scruffy look. If your wardrobe is tasteful, a girl will ignore the scruff.

• well it's okay if you only shave ever few weeks or if you go for any facial hair you need to be able to keep it clean and be able to maintain it