Should I buy this vintage Starter jacket?

here's jacket, in case you're not interested in "the long version": link

here's some background info as to why I want it so bad, if you care. I think it's fairly important, but if you ain't into the whole reading thing, it's all good, haha...

I grew up in the early 90s. DEFINITELY one of my favorite eras for clothing, particularly hip hop fashion...although taken out of context, a lot of it looked like clown clothing, haha. anyway, when I was about 12 or 13 (1991-1993ish), Starter jackets were all the rage. People were literally being beaten up and even killed in robberies for these things. I had to fight twice to keep mine, and run a few more. And yes, this is the same Starter that's official athletic clothing supplier of Walmart nowadays. How the mighty have fallen. Tony Romo is their spokesperson...'nuff said.

Anyway, since I'm Peter Pan and can't seem to grow up, I'm so happy to be able to relive my junior high fashions that have come back in style, and see all these young kids wearing it and being like, "kid, you don't even know..." you can imagine how excited I am that things like snapbacks are back in style, which for you kids out there, were what us old dinosaurs called "hats", haha...no fitteds yet at that point. and most of these snapbacks featuring sports teams are exact replicas of early 90s ones...i have 3 that I used have back then myself, except they're made by Mitchell & Ness and not Starter.

so long, boring story slightly less long and boring, I came across this beauty, in my size and only $65. I feel like I'd be crazy not to. not even sure how much I'd wear it, but just to have as memorabilia. but COULD I wear it? I mean, I'm 33...but everyone guesses me at 24,25. is it pull off-able?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you want it just get it! Personally I don't understand the whole baggy jeans thing I think if you have clothes they should actually fit you, and also girls jeans allow guys to see the general shape of our butt and newsflash girls like guys butts too so its not fair to have your pants hanging off your ass and your boxers puffing out the back it looks horrid! I know since I was born in 95 most people would bitch about how I am not an "actual 90's kid" fine but I still remember a lot of it you can call me a 90's toddler then f*** it! hahaha but my favorite trend was the overall-shorts I think they are cute and I love that they are coming back in style! I also loved the cute "schoolgirl" style Cher wore in clueless! I love that movie! it came out the year I was born XD but I remember they always used to wear overall-shorts in sailormoon and Are You Afraid Of The Dark? and I begged my mom for them and I had like 8 pairs haha

What Girls Said 3

• yea buy it. love that jacket lol

• yuck ! 80s crap

• Ew. ugly.

• aw, you didn't have to go anonymous, I wouldn't be mad :) can I ask your age though? I think some people of a certain age just wouldn't "get it." also, the ugliness is all part of it. they also made them in black with a red and white sleeve stripe. would that be better, or is it just the style of jacket that you don't like?

• 23

• oh man, you really missed out. those things were EVERYWHERE. and best of all, not a pair of skinny jeans in sight, especially on guys. those things are DREADFUL. we worked so hard to switch up to baggy clothes when we realized what @ssholes we looked like in the 80s. and now it's reverted. sad. I literally said to my friend back in high school, "Can you imagine if in the future it was popular to wear really TIGHT jeans instead? HAHAHAHA..." I think I might've jinxed it, haha.

What Guys Said 1

• I remember a friend of mine had a Raiders stater jacket around 1990-91 or so and he got jacked by a bunch of kids who liked his sh*t.