So you think bleach blonde and a tan looks fake?

I've come across several questions where both guys and girls have said they think girls who have bright blonde hair and a tan look fake. Or how the tan blondes look high maintenance...

Well, I'm a beach girl. I live right on the beach, surf, tan, jet ski, all of that good stuff. Because of this, I am naturally tan and blonde, but I would be the last person classified as high maintenance hahaha. I'm a very natural person.

It is very annoying to me when people say the bleach blonde/tan combo is fake, when it is actually very natural.

Does it make a difference if the girl is naturally tan and blonde vs. the alternative? Or is that combo just a turn off in general because it reminds you of a cali stripper? haha

Most Helpful Girl

• Like Faberfan just said, as long as girls don't have that fake orange color I think they're fine either way.

And I'm not just saying this, seriously take it to heart cause it's something that took me a long time to learn--- it's your body, it's your looks, as long as your 100% happy with it you shoooould be fine so don't worry about others. Obviously, use common sense when you look in the mirror, but definitely don't worry about your hair or tan. It sounds pretty awesome anyway. (be sure to use sunscreen though so you don't look all leathery by the time your 40 =P)

What Guys Said 4

• first of all, there is a "natural looking" tan that you can only get from being out in the sun regularly and not for too long. that kind of tan looks good. the bad kind of tan is the kind that you can only get if you're the kind of person who uses tanning beds, has a spray-on tan, or lies in the sun for hours on end regularly just to tan.

secondly, I'm a fan of natural looking hair. regardless of whether it's blonde, or brunette, it should at least LOOK like its your natural color. when it's an obvious dye job, that's unattractive. combine the two and it's just plain nasty. the reason why the bleach blonde/tan look makes it worse is because the hair is often dyed to such a light shade of blonde that against the tan skin, the skin actually looks darker than the hair which is just plain NASTY looking (my opinion) because it just doesn't look like something that can possibly occur naturally.

• As long as you're not orange. Some people just prefer a more pale look like Irish or something. I think tan is pretty hot though. And blond, well that's just a plus!

• I think most people can tell once they meet you. People that generalize stuff like that are idiots!

• I think tans in general look fake and are a turn off.

What Girls Said 3

• i don't think it is. I'm semi-tan and I have dark brown hair but I sometimes go for bleach blond streaks and gradation in colour so it's blended in. I guess it looks fake only if it doesn't suite the person. but I think I look pretty good when I get my hair done like that. so opinions would vary depending on the individual persons

• As long as you look natural that's awesome! Sounds like a killer combination of natural beauty

• I think they usually mean dyed bleach blonde and a fake tan.