Ok, what do I do with my ex's stuff?

On Valentines day my boyfriend left me, that's was bout 5 weeks ago. He left a few articles of clothing behind. Any suggestions on what I should do with it? I've been spring cleaning and its really just a horrible reminder. I won't drop it off at his house because I don't want him to think I'm trying to get his attention, and I don't want him coming to get it as an excuse to see me(done it before) He never paid me the bill money he said he would make sure I got and I'm trying not to let that influence me in any way, shape or form. Any other ideas? Guys would you be really concerned about it? Thanks a lot!

Most Helpful Guy

• He won't miss a few articles of clothing...throw it out. Or, you call ball it all up in a box and give it to a mutual friend to give to him.

What Guys Said 3

• Mail it. Any enclosed message, card, letter, etc. will be crucial in the possibilities you want to leave open for the future. Seeing it around the house is just going to make you think about him more (unless that's what you want).

If you choose not to mail it, you can always box it and store it somewhere out of sight.

• Not at all, that's why I said its a horrible reminder...Thanks!

• "I won't drop it off at his house because I don't want him to think I'm trying to get his attention"

You're not trying to get his attention, you're giving him back his stuff. And who gives a damn what he thinks, anyway--he's your ex.

Pack it, drop it, walk away.

• FYI, I don't care what he thinks, its just that I've been down this road before and as soon as I dropped the stuff of, he felt the need to call me and I don't want anything to do with him. I know I'm not trying to get his attention, but you know, some people leave stuff so they can have an excuse to come back....that would be him.

• I get that. The good news is, though, that when he calls, you don't have to take the call. Ever again.

He cannot communicate with you, or try to get back together with you, without your help. Don't help him.

• Gotcha and thanks for helping me!!!

• throw them out

What Girls Said 4

• If he hasn't asked for it then he doesn't care about it.

I would donate it to people who are in need, or ... sell it.

Most probably sell it. --At a recycle shop or whatever it is called in the states.

• Post it, give to a friend to give to him or throw it away. Chances are, if he hasn't asked for his things back then he doesn't care so whatever you do don't make a big deal about it.

• Im trying not to make a big deal outa it, but I'm also trying to do the right thing... I guess maybe I think throwing it out would be the right thing for both of us...He probably isn't that concerned with it. Thanks

• i went thru this recently too... I took my boyfriends leftover things to his parents house, I dropped it off and drove away without anyone even knowing I had been there! Good luck

• Its too bad I can't do that, his parents are no longer here. I thought about dropping it off at his sisters, but she's always home. And then I thought about a mutual friends but I was too afraid of breaking down...You know, you gotta let those mutual friends think that you are doing great...Im sorry you went through it too. It sucks sooo bad. I just know that I want it out of my house., period!!! No looking back, no reason to come back around...I just struggled with throwing it out....seems wrong

• Pack the items. Drop them off at his sisters. Be in a hurry so that you don't have to talk to her and leave. If you are done with him - - just drop the clothes off.