Beauty and the geek ..? Does he think I'm shallow or does he like me back?

I'm pretty much queen bee at my school.. not being cocky just telling the truth.. there's this guy in my english class that I never really noticed before.. he is a drama nerd , but he also plays sports like football etc.. I'm very vocal and opinionated so whenever we have class discussions I'm the first to state my opinion.. I noticed that when I talk he really listens to what I have to say and seems genuinely interested in my point of view.. I've never felt that way.. and before I knew it I found myself hopelessly attracted to him.. he makes me feel so important just by listening to me.. so as the days go by I like him more and more and more.. I told my best friend who is also on the football team that I liked english class boy and he begged me to let him do some digging.. I agreed. apparently eng. boy doesn't date but we think its an excuse because a girls never asked.. anyways my friend ended up telling him that I have a HUGE crush on him and he was like oh really.. and had a huge smile on his face.. I have no idea how he feels about me.. ( he is always so nice and polite the smiling reply could just be common courtesy for him) and even if he likes me back I know he won't have the guts to ask me out! I really want to be with him! how do I get him to tell me how he feels about me ? I will ask him out but not until I know that he likes me back ! I HAVE A HUGE FEAR OF REJECTION! HELP!

We were walking towards each other in the hall Tory I know he saw me but he just looked past me and kept going, I smiled but I don't know if he saw.. Does that mean he's not into me?
So he told my friend that he thinks I'm really nice, but he doesn't date, he also said he has trouble opening up to girls.. He has no female friends at all.. Maybe one but they're not that close! Do I try to be friends with him or not?I
1 YEAR ! & I'm still head over heels in love with him. Things have been going great, We have been spending a lot of time together, not one on one but lots compared to usual & I think I'm getting somewhere FINALY. I truly love him with all my Heart & soul!

Most Helpful Guy

• He definately has self doubt about girls. I mean he probably thinks no girls like him, so he's happy to do his own little thing and shy away from girls. In his mind he may be thinking "there is no chance she likes me as she is so popular and can have a pick of guys". He also might be thinking its a wind up as he is not exactly Mr Popular himself and he doenst wanna get hurt.

Now what you need to do is start engaging in regular chats with him, start taking interest in his hobbies and give out hints that you really do like him. I admire you for thinking beyond popularity and not looking down to people, you seem like a nice laid back girl at heart. I'm sure he likes you, once he gets beyond the self doubt stage and realises you do genuinely like him, I'm sure he;ll be your boyfriend before you know it :)

• Thanks that helps a lot, I'm going to try talking to him for the next few days and see how things go! I'll keep you updated =]

• Your more than welcome! :) Yeah do keep me updated, any further advise pls do ask me :)

What Guys Said 5

• I think by being a friend for him is a good start. Like I say he probably has so much self doubt he doesn't believe you really like him, so what you need to do is make an effort with him to show him you are interested in him as a person. By showing him that you like him as a person, he will start to feel more confident around you and will then start to open up to you more. If you want this guy in your life, he needs to be able to feel comfortable around you. Try and encourage him to join you and your friends when you have lunch, make him feel he is welcome around you and your friends. Again these things take time, you seem like a really nice genuine girl and I'm sure he will realise your the real deal some time soon.

• Thanks I'm really working on that.. The whole friendship thing! But it's so hard..

• Tell him yourself that you like him. He probably likes you, and if he know's you like him too, it will make it a whole lot easier for him to ask you out. You probably intimidate him if you're the popular girl and he's just a random kid, so unless you talk to him about it, I doubt he'll get the courage to ask you out.

• I don't really know too well on what you should do but I guess you have to tell him exactly how you feel but not right away. You need to start by talking to him and having small conversations work your way up to how you feel about him, or if you are lucky he might eventually do something first. But hopefully after you share your feelings he will share his it already sounds like he likes you but it honestly is hard for shy guys to tell girls how they feel about them. I know this may seem wrong and weird but I love it when I get hugs from girls it does not happen much but I love that feeling and I am shy. I am not sure if other shy guys feel this way but I think you should try giving a hug.

• Awe it's not wierd, I wish I had the balls to just walk up and hug him but I'm so nervous around him! I'll try talking to him more though! Thanks

• If you want any more advice I guess don't hesitate to ask you can message me too if you want.

• No, it means you make him nervous, which probably means he likes you

• Hey niko-r. It seems like he may be flattered when your friend told him that you liked him, but he may just be plain shy and he's just being nice to you. It's great that you like him, but it's entirely up to him to tell you how he feels about you. Just try to engage him in a friendly conversation and watch for any hint that he may like you. Eye contact, facial expressions, and such. I wish you all the luck.

• Thank you! Your definately right about that, it is his decision!

What Girls Said 2

• i think you should make a move. I can't tell if he's really shy or he is waiting to see if you will do something. he might just be taunting you! but make it obvious, but not Too obvious and see how he takes it

good luck!

• Go for it. He prob thinks he doesn't have a chance so you are gonna have to let him know that you are for real and not just joking. I doubt he would turn you down, honestly you have a 99% chance of getting him if you play your cards right all you have to do is talk to him more and let him know your into him.