Would you leave your significant other if they were really insecure about their looks?

I just want to see how both guys and girls respond to this one.

• Yes I would
  • No I wouldn't

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe, it depends on how it affects our relationship.

If it's just an insecurity, that's fine - everyone has them.

If it really affects their confidence and therefore our sex life, or other aspects of our relationship, I don't think I could deal with it. I'd try help him, but there would be only so much I could put up with.

This of course also depends on where the insecurity rose from and how long we'd been together, etc.

What Girls Said 25

• Lol no, I wouldn't. It would be extremely hypocritical to do so considering the fact that everyone has to deal with insecurities.

• Nope I wouldn't. Unless it was so bad that they wouldn't even want to go outside because they're too insecure. That would be quite difficult to cope with but other than the extremes I wouldn't leave them. I have my own insecurities too.

• If it effects our relationship on a daily basis and leads to jealousy on their part, bitterness and clingy-ness and inability to be sexually confident, then, yes. But it depends if it is an inherent quality or something circumstantial, due to aging or an accident in which case I would be more likely to stay with my partner and support them through it.

• I'm not going to lie..

I would.

but then.. I date for fun and excitement..

if they are always stressing.. it tends to kill that...

So, the relationship is going to run it's course quicker...

• No :) that's silly...I'm there to love and give positive feedback not leave them because they have insecurities..which I 100% too have..that would be insane.

• i am not such a cruel hearted and intolerant person..i know that I am with him because I find him attractive and I am gonna make him realize that! he is human and he will face problems sometimes but that doesn't mean I leave him..it means that I be there for him and raise him up! that's a part of the relationship right? :)

• I would if that was all they talked about, but probably not otherwise. It's not a big deal, as long as he knows I find him attractive no matter what.

• My s/o is insecure about his looks and I wouldn't trade him for anything I just wish he could see what I see in him she his body how I and other females see his body.

• if they were insecure and I didn't find them physically attractive I probably wouldn't be dating them because I like confidence and I prefer to find my man attractive on some level. But if he was good looking and insecure I would just try and boost his ego a bit before I flat out left

• They wouldn't be my significant other if they were that insecure about themselves...

• overall no but if they put themselves down every single day and I had to listen to that crap I would. there is a limit.on what a person can take

• i probably would because it eventually affects the relationship.

thats were jealousy comes in and not being fully confortable with me and I just can't do that. I rather be with someone who knows what they have and like to be confident.

• He doesn't have to be like Rick Malambri but he must not ruin every moment because he is not comfortable with his body. I am not slim either but I love myself!

• No I wouldn't. It's not a flaw. My sister is incredibly insecure about her looks. While I'm very perplexed at times because I really want her to see how beautiful she is inside-out, I never get angry at her for that reason

• I wouldn't have been attracted to someone insecure about his looks in the first place. If my significant other gets insecure in the future, then no I wouldn't leave him

• No, just work through it like any other problem

• Everyone has their insecurities. But, it depends on the person to what their limit is.

Good luck!

• yes I would.

• No I wouldn't. You would need to be there for them, to let them know you think they look great. If you break up with them , that would only make them that much worse.

• no, that's not a reason to leave someone.

• No I wouldnt...

I would be there for him, and support him

• Yes

• No, that would be a silly reason to leave someone.

• Not if I loved him enough.

• No. I think a lot of men don't realize how they really look. A lot seem to think they're unattractive. However you wouldn't know unless you got close to them because it's not something they talk about.

I think because women are more personal and would tell each other, "You have such nice eyes, I love your hair" etc. Men don't do this.

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, because really insecure people are cheaters. First they make your life miserable by complaining, hiding and alienating, then they make you feel guilty about dating them and then they cheat on you because they need affirmation from someone else that is not their boyfriend/girlfriend. It's flattering at first when somebody adores you for being more attractive than they think they deserve, but soon it becomes nightmarish. Oh yeah, to top it off: when they cheat on you and you break up they are so heart broken that you worry they will hurt themselves.

• Hell no, I'd stay with her and reminder her everyday how beautiful she is. Insecurity is rough, I've had to battle through it and for women it's magnified quite a bit by society and culture. It helps if you have someone who loves you assuring you that you're attractive.

• not me but they might leave me. girls can do that. and we will never understand why. but girls have a lot of look pressure so we should cut them some slack.

• Maybe... It depends on their behavior. All girls are going to be somewhat insecure... If she was really insecure about everything, getting jealous because she thinks she going to lose me to some other girl and starting fights over it, wanting to get plastic surgery to fix her looks, always questioning our relationship because she thinks I'm mad at her because I haven't drowned her in compliments to today. or constantly moping about how worthless she is then I'd probably bounce. Everyone needs to learn to be comfortable with themselves. A little shakiness is fine, but if she's a mess constantly it's going to really be a horrible relationship.

• I voted no...because it would take A LOT of stress and turmoil with this insecurity for me to dismiss her on this reason alone.

• Nope, I'd just keep trying to help them get over it. If you really love someone you should help them work through their faults.

• No that would be silly

• I would.