Do you still write old-fashioned letters?

Do you still write real letters instead of emails ever?

Who do you write to?

Do you have cool stationary to write on?

I just recently bought this really cool vintage stationary form Etsy. Its from the 80's, and has sketched bunnies on it, super cool. Can't wait to use it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always been one to write letters. Words just mean so much to me, and it's so much more expressive handwritten than in a monotone font type.

I do write real letters, every once in a while. Though, I'm more likely to write daily musings. I carry around a small notepad with me just in case so I can write down my thoughts, some stories, etc.

When I write letters, it's for people that I truly care about. Usually family, very good friends, a significant other, or a guy that I'm interested in. Although I may not always give these letters to the people they're intended for, when I do give them to people they love it.

I don't have cool stationary.. I just stick with a notepad (sugar cane paper!). However, I do love pens. When I'm feeling particularly fancy, I like to break out one of my fountain pens to write with. I own several different colored inks that I mix for my fountain pens too, so it makes it even more personal. But lately, it's just been some sort of rollerball pen..

What Guys Said 10

• I have ALWAYS hated to write things out by hand, and since I was a little kid, I typed everything that I could (often using a manual typewriter, because it was the best I had). And since getting my own computer in 1991, I write as little as possible by hand. The occasional birthday card is as far as I normally go.

I had a couple of nice pens that the ink has gone dry from sitting unused for years.

Besides, my handwriting looks like crap unless I go slow (and even then), so trust me, you WANT me to type to you!

• I like letters, they have more meaning than a mail online, but I don't write as many as I would like, only down to the fact that no one returns them by letter, its always an email lol,x

• Nope, it's just too outdated. I don't even own stamps or envelopes for that matter. It's an incredibly slow form of communication. Email just gets there faster and accessible from pretty much anywhere plus you can keep a record of the conversation of necessary without needing to set a physical space aside.

• I didn't write old-fashioned letters even before emails.

• No, because it's an inferior form of communication anymore.

Email: Instant delivery, possible instant reply. Can be done of the fly from a plethora of devices. I can type 90 words a minute.

Mail mail: Slow. Requires tangible materials, paper, pen, envelope, postage stamp, all of which cost money. I couldn't even write 15 words a minute. Response might come next week, if ever.

No real contest here. Practicality over sentimentality.

• However, not everyone uses email. If I want to communicate with my grandma with something other than a phone, then letter writing is best.

• I LOVE writing letters. I write tons.

Sadly my writing is so very poor that most of those who get it end up going "Dafuk is dis crap"

• No but I am starting to think they are a great idea as a gift for a girl.

• I do!

To deft ears!

• I do not. I think it is more personal than e-mail, though . Once I got a letter from a girl friend and it was amazing!

• i did to my friend cause that's the only way I could talk to him while he was in basic training for the coast guard

What Girls Said 10

• When I'm abroad I usually write letters and postcards. I have a friend who travels a bit so we write to each other, and I have a friend from college that I'll write to know and then, too. Otherwise that's about it... as for stationery, usually I just draw my own designs and such on the letters and envelopes.

• I do from time to time!

I write to friends I know; normally heart felt messages.

I will admit I write more emails than letters - I apply for jobs and things a lot and it's easier to do that sort of thing in email format rather than letters. The price of stamps I can't afford to - I never get offered the job so I'd make a huge loss!

I don't have any special stationary, no.

• Yes ^_^ lol Usually it's either to friends or family but if it's friends it's usually a birthday card if they are too far =P Sometimes I do but regular paper works just fine =P

• Occasionally. Usually to family like my godmother or my grandmother. But I don't like writing as a form of communication (email, letters, texts). I much more a "pick up the phone and call them" kind of girl.

• I do! I mail birthday cards to each of my friends and cousins. :)

• I haven't since high school. I have some old stationary gathering dust that I will probably never use. I think someone would find it creepy if I wrote them a letter. However, I wish I received letters.

• I am in an LDR so yes I write letters to make it seem more real and special! :D ... and I sued to have a penpal in Trinidad who we would write like 16 page long letters! We were crazy! So yes, I love old fashioned letters! They are the bombdiggity!

• I always send letters to my cousin because she lives 7 hours away from me now :( but its nice because we keep each others letters :)

• Yep, for my friends' birthdays

• I useto write letters up until my thumbs tendons and nerves got cut and never healed. I can't bend my thumb, so I write little as possible. Now a days, I type letters.