Do you think men's clothes are becoming more like women's?!

Or vice versa? To me it seems like clothing is more interchangeable these days. Guys are wearing jeans that are more fitted, shirts, sweaters, shoes that are the same as women's. (at least that is what I have noticed)

I have a pair of boots that you fold down so the fake fur shows, and the other day I saw a guy wearing similar boots, lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• Clothing is indeed becoming more androgynous, and I think it's one of the best stylistic changes in a while. We're starting to get men who care about style instead of hordes of baggy-panted T-shirt kids.

I don't really know where the whole "thick glasses" look came from, but there's also this growing trend of looking geeky, which is just blows my mind with awesome. Geek is starting to make a statement.

But hey, this is coming from a guy who thinks man skirts should make a comeback, and that men should get some sort of equivalent to a purse (it's just SO USEFUL).

Do I sound like an effeminate softy yet? Probably.

Like a flamboyant gay? I'd be flattered.

But I'm sick of trying to avoid the feminine at all costs for the sake of meeting some stupid "macho code". Guys need to have these conversations about what our identity REALLY is, so a standard most guys actually meet, rather than the classical heroic standard.

But as others had mentioned, there are limits. Heels should not be worn by men. Or women, for that matter.

I mean, I mention skirts, but you have to think more like leather skirts or kilts. I mention purses, but think more along the lines of side-packs. There's a sleek, streamlined look that works well for guys.

But in terms of where things are currently, I think it's awesome seeing guys wear stuff that fits. I don't see it as un-masculine, nor as feminine. I see it as sensible, practical clothing. And what's more manly than being practical?

What Guys Said 7

• I think there's a limit to it all. I don't think guys (unless the rebellious kind) will be wearing high heels, skirts, proper ladies handbags etc anytime soon.

I did see a guy a few days ago, he was wearing a cheetah print shirt and lime yellow pants below along with brown shades and white shoes. He was even flaunting his wallet around like a woman would flaunt her clutch.

O.o

But yes, floral prints, feminine cuts of apparel, nail polish, skin tight pants, jewelery, fur, assorted shades, polka dots... are becoming more and more common. I DO think guys can wear any color if its done right, so I won't say they wear 'feminine' colors when I genuinely believe there is no such thing. For instance I recently bought this coral cardigan and a female friend was telling me she never thought a guy could pull off the color.

Personally, even V-neck shirts that show the slightest glimpse of chest creep me out, and the uber 'effeminate' clothing quite common these days does too. I'm quite metrosexual myself tbh, but that's because I take grooming and fashionable dressing more serious than guys generally do. But you will never see me wear anything that you would find girly. Not that I do it on purpose, its just visually better on me, IMO.

• Basically the overall trend in the last 50 years is that women are dressing like men.

Men have been wearing tight fitting pants on and off for hundreds of years. Women have been wearing pants for a few decades.

• considering how many men act like women nowadays it shouldn't be surprising.

• Do not know but in my city here was this weird guy waiting fro a tram in a woman's dress with a and large ladies handbag full bearded and a neat pony tail. I did not know what to make up of him.

On the other hand lots of chesty guys with hair looking like licked by a cow, Vnecks and tight Tshirts and clingy jumpers they look very feminine by my standard.

• most men wouldn't consider wearing bras, skirts, or evening gowns while a lot of girls already wear jeans.

• Nope, mine are pretty manly.

• I wore sweatpants and slipper sandals today, so yes, there are a LOT of unisex clothes out there.

What Girls Said 3

• yea...not sure how I feel about that lol... but honestly, I've kinda found myself more and more drawn to androgynous clothing. but my hair's long so I still look like a girl :) I saw this guy at the train station who had his hair wrapped up in a bun and a bright green scarf wrapped around his neck... I was very confused about him.

• True..."that guy in the skinny jeans looks super manly" said no one ever. Don't ever get me started on "guy liner". ew :p

• ;) I think guys who wear uggs look terrible even though supposedly uggs were originally for men

• Haha, I don't care how cold it is there's no excuse for that!

• Yes, I agree. That's a bit scary to me.

Next your boyfriend will be asking to borrow your eyeliner!