Is my height a disadvantage in terms of attractivenes? (male)

I'm a male, 18 years, and only 170 cm. (5"7). I don't consider myself particularly short, I'm at least taller than most women. But they all say they like men to be 6"0 or 6"1+... am I doomed? Or what?

Most Helpful Girl

• You are not doomed honey. If you have a sparkling personality and make a girl feel at home, she's yours. Men often think women are so shallow and love height, money, and good looks. Though men are considered shallow as well, women are not nearly as shallow. If you meet somebody and they're the one, they're not going to see how you look, they're going to see how you ARE. And that's the most important. The right girl surely won't care, so you shouldn't either.

What Girls Said 7

• Of course, girls absolutely love height on guys. It's one of the things that makes them seem bigger, stronger, more masculine, etc.

However, my boyfriend is 5'8". I'm only four inches shorter than he is, and he STILL manages to make me feel small, protected, and cared for. His personality is so much bigger than any hulking guy at six feet tall. The men who can be a man WITHOUT the height are way more impressive than the guys who get everything handed to them from genetics (pure luck) and rely on their looks to pick up on girls. Trust me, there are definitely girls out there who don't care how tall you are. They care about how you make them feel.

• Can I tell you a secret? I come from a large Italian family and every single man (and woman, for that matter) is under 5'6". Every man in my family is in a relationship (with beautiful, smart, awesome girls, by the way). My cousin who is 23 is barely 5'4" and has been in a relationship of over 5 years, only to break up with her and start fresh with this girl who is literally drop-dead gorgeous model-material.

Though all the men in my family are short, they have awesome personalities. They are some of the funniest, most genuine people you'll ever meet. I think real women see past height and pick up on the more important things.

And by the way, being 5'7", you're already taller than probably half the female population!

• who are "THEY" no...your height is NOT an issue only the women who want taller are..but you don't want that type anyway..superficial beings...you need someone who looks way past all the outer who ha bullcrap and sees the wonderful you and just fine the way you are..she is out there so keep smiling

• In my opinion that's a good height! Cause I'm 5'5" and prefer guys slightly taller then me, but not huge. I find it just works better then you're 'similar' in height. Although it does look better if the guy is taller than the girl.

My current boyfriend and I are about the same height, it makes some things a little different but is manageable.

You just need to have patience and wait for the right girl to come along! Don't worry you are NOT short!

• Men your size are perfect, but I'm guessing they wouldn't date a girl who is their height.

*Forever alone...*

• No

• Yes you are taller than most women so don't worry (you're not taller than me though).

I think most women say 6'0" or 6'1" because that's their ideal. Most men say they like women with big breasts but that doesn't mean that they dislike women with small or medium.

• Okay. Just curious here, though: do you always like taller / larger? Don't you ever feel like you're going to get crushed or smth? Because I do when I'm with males 6"+..

• I'm 5'8" and my ideal is 5'10". I don't like it when a guy is significantly bigger than me in both height and weight. I don't know why. I guess I just find it intimidating.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't believe you're doomed.

All my exes liked tall. A lot. That's one reason they chose me. But other girls don't choose me, they might choose you because you have some quality I don't have.

It is true that when women specify a height, they tend to specify over 6'. However, most women on dating sites etc don't specify a height. So what is very likely is 'some women care about height and tend to like tall'. Most (or many) women are happy as long as the guy is a few inches taller.

Note that non-western cultures don't have as much of a male height bias, so you might find some of those girls like you.

• Being 5'7 certainly is disadvantageous, but it doesn't put you out of the game. You're not doomed. Yes, there are many girls (short ones included) who only want like 6ft up. There are also many who either want a guy to be any marginal amount taller than them, or simply don't care about height. These are the ones to you want to shoot for. If you get rejected for your height, they weren't what you were looking for anyway.

• you should be straight, I would just say work on your appearance instead of worrying about height.

• Pshh, who cares. I'm comfortable with my height, I'm not 6', two inches shy of it but I rather not be too tall. I like being my size, I wouldn't want that tall actually. Girls just say that to feel more secure and safe because taller guys seem more intimidating maybe? Masculine? Just because some one is tall though doesn't mean they can defend themselves or is more capable of protecting if that is the case. Bigger they are harder they fall, lol.

• To put it simply: You're f***ed