What are your thoughts on the "swag" style?

I know its a really general term but I'm sure you all know what I mean, but to clarify here are some links.

link

link

I personally don't like it, I'm more of generic t-shirt and jeans guy myself, but when I want to have some style I'm more of a guy that dresses in a suit (preferably black like Johnny Cash) or if its fall or winter I get a really nice T shirt or long sleeve and really good boot cut jeans and my leather jacket. Also if its sunny out I'll wear my Ray Ban aviator shades.

So I'll either look like this link

or this link

I honestly don't understand "swag" style but it just seems stupid to me. But hey different strokes for different strokes right?

Share your thoughts.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not so much the style or the word that I hate(tho I do dislike it), its more about the people doing it just to f***in fit in, just cause their lameass friends are doing it, they have to be a f***in sheep and do that sh*t too.

Like, really man? WTF happened to individuality? Is fitting in all these kids care about now?

Its f***in pathetic and makes me angry and puts murderous fantasies in my brain.

Watching 'God Bless America' was like watching pron.

Its also a maturity thing tho, most of these people will grow out of it and look back thinking "wow, I was a f***in lameass", and that's when I'll come in to say, "yes, yes you f***in were".

What Girls Said 9

• I like it, it's a nice style. But what gets on my nerves is pictures like this: link

seriously, how many facepalms can one give?

• No, it's not for me. T- shirt and jeans is good for me. keep it casual- or classy. I LOVE boys in dress clothing ( button up shirts and dress pants) leather jackets are sexy, and jeans- you can never go wrong unless they are all ripped up

• I HATE RIPPED JEANS. Whenever I see that one of my jeans is ripped, I throw them away and get new ones. Also I I can't like you answer enough!

• Its still not very clear to me what this swag junk is but I think I have a general idea of what you're talking about. I don't like it. these new fads seem ridiculous. I'd be too embarrassed to take part in that.

I prefer when people dress normal. Anything but this "swag" thing people keep talking about.

• As a girl I think it's really kind of an immature way for a guy to dress, it's for young teenagers and is very overrated. I just think it lacks a lot of class to be honest, and the term SWAG itself drives me crazy. I would much rather prefer a guy who looks put together in a t-shirt and jeans, it's a lot more attractive and shows more sophistication. Sorry if this comes off as harsh but guys who dress 'swaggy' tend to be tools.

• hahah doesn't offend me one bit. I don't really like it either, but people will do what they want.

• Swag is for ghetto little high school boys.

• Ghetto has nothing to do with it, its all the lameness.

• link

read all the definitions lol

• oh and to answer your question. I think its a stupid way of saying we look cool

• well I don't c how GAG is helping you lol

• I don't consider myself to have "swag", I just like wearing graphic t-shirts and jeans. What those guy are wearing aren't any different from what I wear on a daily basis minus the hat. Some days I got out in my leather boots and my hobo jacket and walk around town lookin' like a hipster, I wear what I like. Anybody that has complaints about what the guys are wearing in that picture dislike the "swag" not the clothes themselves. Why? because don't act like you've never worn t-shirts and jeans before.

There's obviously a problem when you're 30 years old dressing like this still, but they're young let it go.

• I don't really have a problem with it, I just don't like it.

• you're problem with it is that you don't like it o.o

• true enough but I'm not going to go up and tell people to stop dressing that way. :P

• I don't see anything wrong with it. Its just somebody elses style

• Yeah. To me it just seems kind of immature, but like I said "different stokes for different folks." :)

• Haha although personally, I think they look a little silly sometimes. I mean if you have to hold your pants to walk because they'd slide down to your ankles, obviously something is wrong.

• I like a version of the swag style, but not exactly like in those links. Anyway, those guys dress okay but I prefer a bit more hood style on a guy, like how chief keef dresses.

What Guys Said 8

• It appeals to a certain type of girl, just like a suit and tie appeals to a different type of girl. The clothes a man wears says something about himself, but not everything.

• I can stomach swag dressers. It's the hipster dressers who really stupid.

• The word "typical" comes to mind...

• Class>Swag

• Swag is lame, same with the whole Yolo thing, it's a dirty fad made popular by tweens

as someone else said

CLASS>SWAG

• those first links are just people dressing in urban gear who think they have "swag".

• call GQ! tell they need get your in the next issue ! mad swagger!

• your from plans-ville then! boring asss middle America! hahaha