How much effort do you put in your appearance? (mostly girls but guys can answer too)

just wondering because I have been feeling very plain lately and I fell into a rut of t-shirts and jeans for the most part. funny thing is, I wasn't always like this. anyways, I have fell off big time and I want to look good again. what are some things you do to keep yourself looking and feeling good?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am terrible at making the effort but I know my best features and a little effort can go a long way. For starters, keep your skin pretty - lots of water, change pillow cases often, break the habit of touching your face. Second, take free time to find out the easiest ways to pull off a great look- this is playing dress up but really worth the investment. I have light eyelashes so mascara is essential, eye shadow that blends well into my skin tone and compliments my eyes (beauty book from CVS gave me these tips). I have combination hair so I invested the time into finding the right product that I can throw in after a shower, towel dry, blow dry quickly and done! Eyes, hair, good skin.

Now onto the clothes, this is habitual so you need to break the habit. Start mixing in cuter, form fitting shirts with the jeans, throw out big bro's shirts, only 2 are allowed for sleepers. Mix in cute shoes like slippers or low heals like the flip flop heals.

They look like you made a real effort but all you did was throw on flip flops and a cute Tee made for a girl. Done!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• i do take put a lot of effort in how I look I take from an hour to almost 2 hours to get ready.(usually an hour and a half)..I love looking in the mirror and liking the way I look, or having getting a lot of compliments that day...I excersise (ranging from light to omg I'm not gonna be able to move tomorrow) at least 2 times a week. Sunday is my relax/beauty day. I do my nails, play around with my make up(different looks), take a bath, just relax and get ready for the week ahead...I do this for myself, I don't like going out in sweats looking like I just crawled out of bed...Not for me

• i actually wen thru the same thing a couple of months back, I just had to finnally pick myself up and tell myself that there was soemthing worth looking good for, the things I had to do were start wearing makeup everyday and to start dressing better then I was, I mean I still wear jeans and t-shirts but I make them look better by doing my hair nice and doing my make up, and I do dress to the nines sometimes when I feel like it

• when I was insecure I always wore make up to the max and got ready at any given moment. But its too much work trying to keep your makeup from ruining. and it takes too much time to get ready. you only have one life to live, don,t waste 50% of it trying to impress others. but there is a difference between trying to impress others and just feeling confident in your look. I go with a natural makeup look and let my hair air dry so its wavy. jeans and a shirt will do. as long as I get my daily shower and take care of my hygeine I feel great.

• I don't put much effort into my appearance.

One reason is because I don't want to look like I'm trying to hard.

I knew a girl in high school that made a style journal. She listed how she was going to have her hair and makeup, and listed the clothes and accessories she was going to wear for each day, To me, that's trying too hard.

Another reason why I don't put much effort into my appearance is because no matter what I do, it's not going to make me look different. I'm just going to look like the same ugly girl. Putting serious effort into my appearance takes money and time that I don't have.

But honestly, I probably should put a bit more effort into my appearance. Maybe I should wear a little makeup and wear my hair down every once in a while.