Do you find makeup deceiving?

We all know makeup can make a woman go from this to this

link

and its used for concealing, highlighting certain features to make them "pop" and confidence building but my boyfriend and male friends think makeup is deceiving. what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I see your pic, and one up you with

link

link

link

Btw, I totally thought your pic was of a barbie doll when I saw it in the miniature form >.>

And yes, makeup IS deceiving. Its very nature is TO BE deceptive.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, it is. I don't like the entire culture of false advertising in the world today, especially with females. You have a billion different types of makeup, sh*t for your hair, skin creams, fancy clothes, shoes, bags, stupid sh*t that makes you fit into your tight clothes better, push-up bras.

All of it is there, so that you can create the appearance that you are more physically attractive than your "natural" self.

When you actually find someone you like though, then they are going to get to know the real you. When all the makeup and pushup bras comes off, then sometimes we as guys are disappointed because you seemed much prettier at first.

It's much better to focus on your own physical and mental fitness. If you develop a fit, healthy body through good eating habits and exercise, it will be much more attractive in the end than any amount of "fake" stuff. Couple that with a gorgeous personality, and you will be set.

If I were a girl, I would not give a f*** about dressing up all "pretty". Get healthy, be an awesome person, and express yourself. Wear baggy ass comfortable clothes. Because when they come off for that special person you ACTUALLY care about, it's not going to make an inkling of a difference.

• :) Love this answer!

• The witch that thumbed you down has to scrape off the make-up before she falls asleep.

• It can be... Especially on dates when a girl gets really fixed up. But when you catch them in the gym, the grocery store, and off day at class or whatever the truth eventually comes out. Girls that are kind of attractive, with out make up turn into meh not attractive. Girls that are really attractive, are usually still attractive without their make up, and they tend to have to wear less of it anyway.

• I'm cool with it.

As long as you actually know how to apply it. Application of make-up is the difference between looking drop-dead gorgeous to looking like a literal clown.

I don't think make-up is unfair. I think anything that makes you look good and gives you more confidence is good.

• Your eyebrows are deceiving.

• Well yeah, you shouldn't be able to remove beauty with a wet tissue

• Other than her eye makeup being a little too much, and the blond hair (since I'm not into blondes) the girl in your pro. pic, is just fine...

• Yeah...I still think snooki is an ugly oompa loompa even with makeup.

• Indeed it is deceiving.

• Of course it is. Most girls tend not to look so good without make up, so...

There are plenty of ways for women to deceive. Lucky them, eh?

What Girls Said 8

• Of course make-up is deceiving but not all girls do it to look better. Some girls actually enjoy wearing make-up. I'm one of them. I don't wear make-up to impress anyone. I do it for me and if a guy doesn't like me without make-up then he can go screw himself. Like me with make-up, like me without make-up.. same person inside.

• To an extent YES... The truth of the matter is that your face is your face.. If a little mascara and some filled in brows can make you look pretty you were never ugly to begin with. A truly ugly person cannot be helped with make up. People that are ugly with or without make up are the only truly ugly people. In my opinion these celebs are fugly regardless of what they do:

Gwyneth Paltrow

Anne Hathaway

Nicole kidman

Kesha

julia roberts

I HATE their bone structure. PERIOD and that's why I find them ugly.

• Think of it this way, we have SO MANY OPTIONS. we have a rainbow array of colors to load onto our faces. we have make up that fixes every single f***ing "flaw". people can change any thing they want to, just by piling make up onto their faces. men don't have sh*t like that available to them. so why are we giving them a false impression of how we look? they come at us raw and untouched and real. we give them a painted canvas. and then when the make up comes off they don't recognize the person anymore. I think at most a girl should use mascara and lip gloss. this way your face looks the same, just a tad bit prettier.

and I sincerely hope that your profile picture is not a picture of you because not only is that way too much make up but the implants look horrendous.

• :P you really think that her profile pic is even a real person?

• i don't think so but I REALLY hope it isn't lol I know it's photoshopped but some people think that actually looks good...

• haha no its not me. Might as well use a horrible makeup job pic for my profile right? :P

• It can be. But for the most part if you're truly ugly, make up doesn't really do miracles. It's usually used to enhance what you already have. BUT the pics that TheGodEmperorLeto left me thinking... twice about my answer. XD

And your profile pic is truly scary. >_<

• Makeup doesn't fix ugly

Photoshop and editing can(as shown in your example), but makeup doesn't. If that were the case, ugliness could be "cured" easily and there would be less self esteem issues or people thinking they're ugly. Also, plastic and cosmetic surgery wouldn't exist. Fixing bad features isn't as simple as putting on makeup

• it all comes down to HOW MUCH is used, how many steps involved, how many items a girl puts on her face. I do agree sometimes it is is deceiving and I would never put that much on to the point that I am not confident in going out without makeup, if a girl can't leave her house without makeup then she is deceiving. usually on my days off out and about I wear only suncreen and I'm out the door and I fine. in fact sometimes by having nothing on my face I get more male attention then when I do wearing makeup o.o

but yea I think its better if a grl just wears eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss, and on certain days may be even some gold eyeshadow or use the urban decay naked palette, but anymore than that is borderliner deceiving.

i watch a lot of YouTube beauty videos, and I find that many girls are deceiving, they put on face primer, foundation, concealer, set with a face powder (thats like double foundation), draw on eyebrows using a wax colored pencil, blush, bronzer, plus contouring/sculpting the face, highlight glitter ass sh*t, they haven't even started the eyes yet, they then proceed with eye primer, eyeshadow, gel eyeliner, bottom waterliner eyeliner, tons of coats of mascara, FALSE LASHES GLUED ON, then they do the lips wearing two different lipliners, then lipstick, then top it off with gloss, then they do their hair curl it, straighten it, blow dry, on a daily basis put mad hair spray and mousse...its just all too much. and I've seen this consistently with a lot of girls on YouTube. and many of them are not doing editorial/professional looks, they are not licensed or true makeup artists.

• it's deceiving if they look like you... seriously? you look ridiculous

• seriously this girl is not me. I added a horror makeup pic for my question

• yes it is