Splurge or save: Liquid Eyeliner?

In your opinion, is this an item you should try to save money on, or is it worth the splurge?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you have oily skin(or oily lids), splurge

If not, save

I personally think splurging should be left for products that go directly on the face, unless of course you're someone with problem skin. I had acne and oily skin so I understand that when it comes to makeup, the best products often require splurging.

That said, I prefer to splurge on mascara and save on eye liner.

• I've been able to find good mascara cheap.

I agree about things that go directly on your face should be a splurge- foundation should be invested in.

As far as face wash and moisturizer, cetaphil has worked great.

• I love Cetaphil and Purpose. I've stuck to those since my Accutane days and find it hard to go back

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 8

• Save. I find there isn't much quality difference between drugstore and department store brands, its all in what you prefer

• I use drug store liquid eyeliner, which I like. Just make sure you get waterproof!

• i have tried E.L.Fs liquid eyeline and its great it (cost like 2 bucks) but my favorite is the body shops liquid eyeliner (costs like 15 buck) cause its a little easier to apply then E.L.Fs. I like them cause they give intense color, doesn't smudge and dries quickly. And non of them are tested on animals which is great :D

• Worth it! I just started using it and its amazing! I use elf , it works good, and cheap

• The answer really depends on the person, whether you are more into liquid liners or pencil. I personally prefer pencil eyeliners and would splurge on and a few extra for back ups.

• I love my smashbox limitless eyeliner pencils.

I have a Halloween costume that calls for some heavy duty liquid eyeliner and I considered getting good eyeliner because if I am going to buy it, I might as well use it.

• I've never tried the Smashbox eyeliners, do let me know if they're worth trying. I've been using my UD shadow eyeliner. If you are looking for precision then liquid liners would be the perfect choice and splurge on a good one!

• Save, save, save! N.Y.C makes amazing felt tip liquid eyeliners. My favorite is the High Definition liquid liner I got for under 4$CAD at WalMart. I have oily eyelids and I NEVER have to touch up or worry about it smudging. This stuff if bomb!

• save, there are so many good liners out there that are cheap. I love prestige total intensity, it is a creamy pencil that looks more like liquid because it is very pigmented and bold. that is sold at ulta and drugstores.

• I have a cream/pencil that I love, but I need super precise lines for a costume that I am going to use for Halloween and figure that if I am going to get liquid eye liner that I may as well get one I will use!

• Maybelline waterproof ultra liner is hands down the best liquid eyeliner I ever used. Mainly because I like the brush. I hate those felt tip like brushs they have on most other brands.