A lot of you say you like a girl who doesn't wear makeup and looks casual and comfortable?

I'm not bashing guys or anything. I'm just confused.

A lot of you say you like a girl who doesn't wear makeup and looks casual and comfortable.

So how come when I'm out in public, I only get checked out and stared at if I'm wearing makeup, my hair is done nicely, and I'm wearing my best clothes?

When I don't wear much makeup amd have casual clothes on, I almost never get looked at.

it just doesn't make sense to me, that's all.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people on this site tend to give very canned politically correct answers that don't match up to what we experience in the real world

What Guys Said 14

• Its because they don't know what they're talking about.

They like the -idea- of a low maintenance girl.

And they'd prefer a girl who is a '9' without makeup to a girl who is a 7 without but a '9' with. They are saying "I'd prefer her to be hot without trying".

Of course, assuming you are competent at dressing well and putting on makeup, your choices are not 'should I look good with makeup or magically look equally good without makeup'.

It might be a bit like me asking 'do you like guys who work out for 8-12 hours a week and spend a lot of time on their hair and picking clothes'. You'd probably say no. But you probably find guys who are in good shape, dressed well for their body and have good hair more attractive. You'd just prefer they roll out of bed like that.

• I could easily ask why I was automatically given VIP treatment when I was traveling and wearing a $2000 suit, even ushered to the first class lines though I was flying coach.

The answer is when you put effort to look nice, you're going to get noticed, just the way people are.

Still, I think what most guys mean is they want a woman who without makeup still looks stunning. Like, they can roll out of bed looking like they had a professional makeup artist working on them. And, while you get noticed when all dressed up, I also think guys, once they are with you, wouldn't so much mind if you went a little more casual.

• Oh, don'tworry, you'll get checked out without the makeup and clothes. Maybe not approached, but checked out, yes, take my word for it. And guys asume you're not into being approached when you are looking natural.

We know we have to wait for a proper introduction!

• How do you know you're being checked out and not just looked at? I mean, clowns get more attention when they're wearing makeup too... it doesn't have to be a sexual thing.

• I think it's because your not drawing attention to yourself when you aren't wearing makeup or wearing your nice clothes. Girls who don't feed on attention and don't mind just playing their day casual makes them attractive to me. However, if your a attention hungry cheerleader that HAS to have guys all over you, it's a BIG turn off for me.

Don't wear skirts either, I hate it when girls wear skirts.

• I think that there's a difference between being noticeable in public, and finding someone attractive in the way that they are describing Sometimes being noticeable has nothing to do with starting and keep relationships.

Don't you find that just because you get "checked out" doesn't mean you start relationships? But when guys are talking about liking girls who are 'casual', that isn't just about how they look, but also describing how the guys view the girls personality (correctly or not).

I hope that made sense...

• You're going to attract more attention when you're dressed up, that's to be expected.

I can't imagine why any guy would ever tell you that something like jeans and a hoodie would be preferable to heels and a miniskirt. That's just ridiculous.

• Make up or no make up, there is no way you are walking down the street and not getting checked out.

• Because you have been lied to.

Or.. you didn't understand it the right way. We like the LOOK of dolled-up girls, but we hate to know that she really doesn't look that good, that she's deceiving us like a bunch of fools.

• We like to look at & even fantasize about movie stars but know better than to live with them.

• Are we talking quality or quantity? Yes you might get checked out by more with makeup. But are those really the guys you want to date?

• If all you are doing is watching to see who is watching you to confirm if you have the right face on or not then you need to get away from that activity. Its unhealthy. Ignore what other people think or if they are looking at you or not. That's neurotic. And shallow. Throw the make up away, for good.

• unfortunately most women cannot pull this thing off. they just look like a sad piece of meat.

especially not white chicks.

• The whole hair tied up, sweatpants on, no makeup look is hot to me. Lol

What Girls Said 2

• whatever they say, the truth is we all look betterwhen we put in some effort.

• They like attractive girls, makeup or no makeup

What guys say< what guys do

It's politically correct to say they want a girl without makeup, but all in all, they want an attractive girl who doesn't have to plaster more makeup than necessary