Is spending $1700 on a pair of shoes ridiculous

sums it up I've got the money and I'm thinking about it.

just to update I bought them today but I got them for 1500

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, that is ridiculous. Yes, I probably spend $600 on footwear each year but I'm buying heavy industrial work boots that cost around $250 for a pair. But still, that is extreme. The most I've ever spend on boots was $320 and they were worth it, its the only pair of work boots I have that have lasted me 4 years. At that price, those shoes better last you a lifetime and you'd have to be wearing them all the time. But it's your money. I could think of a lot of better things to spend that money on, but do what you want.

What Girls Said 37

• I'll never do that. I can think of much better things to buy with that amount of money. You can get decent shoes for waaay lower. Don't be fooled because something may be a "better" or more famous brand. High end does not always equal the best.

• That's just blowing your money when you can invest it in something you may eventually need.

But hey, we only live once so why not treat ourselves?

I would be wearing those shoes everyday until I am 90 if I invested that much.

• That sum is only acceptable if you get 1699 pairs complimentary.

Or if the shoes walk for themselves.

Or if they are part of the new Crown Jewels collection.

But it's your money. If you think it's worth it, go for it!

• I want to see them. I require link!

• i can't put a link it won't let me I'm not a level 4. but if you're that interested just google platinum grey yeezy 2 its the first image

• Are you sure the price is 1700? Or 170?

In case it's 1700... It is ridiculous.

• haha ya I'm positive its 1700

• I think that's ridiculous yes.

• for me it would be reallly ridiculous, I am a university student that doesn't have the money to spend on shoes that cost that much.

What is so special about the 1700 pair of shoes?

• i have tons of shoes. I'm a sneaker head I'm one of those guys that has stood in like for 15 hours to get a pair of jordans. I get shoes all the time. but I've been saving up to get a certain pair. I was just curious I'm going to buy them no matter what.

• If you have to take the time to ask this question and you didn't just splurge on them already, I'd say you've got your answer already! Don't buy them unless you have no doubts!

• Are they encrusted in diamonds? o_O

I would never spend that much on a material item like that. I'd rather save it up for a trip or for something in the future like buying a house or wedding or something like that...

• If you have more than enough money, I don't find it to be ridiculous. However if you can't afford it and it takes away from more important things like rent and bills, then yes it's ridiculous. But if you are more than able to splurge on a pair of shoes, why the hell not?

• If you're financially independent and have the money for it, why not?

I know people are gonna hate and act like they're too deep, wise and smart for that, but it's cause they don't have the $$$ to throw away on luxury items. There's no way my mom would buy me shoes that cost that much but I think the most she'd spend is $1000 for Louboutins for me...

• If you are planning to do that then make sure the shoes are of high quality rather than wasting money on some idiots name.

• i had a hard time spending 40$ on a pair of sketchers. even if I did have money it would be hard for me to spend it on shoes. but if you can and you want I guess you should.

• Oh wow. I would not because I don't have it. If I did I wouldn't go over 200. What kind of shoes are they?Im curious...maybe post a link?

• i can't post a link I'm not a level 4...bullsh*t but you can google it or ebay whatever they are nike air yeezy 2 the grey ones

• See know that changes the game. I ma huge fan of anything nike, I say buy them...but you better take care of them like a new born baby...forreal. I still wouldn't buy(too much), but appreciate from a distance.

• I'd rather go on a vacation, a cruise, or something of the sort...$1700 for shoes is a bit over the edge, probably more than even the most extravagant girl is willing to spend on shoes (unless she's buying 20 pairs)...You'd be surprised.

• Yup.

• yes its a ridiculous amount of money and you could buy prob a good pair without the need of spending so much. just because you have the money doesn't mean you should be spending it willy nilly.

• If you have the money and really love the shoes then just go for it.

• It's definitely ridiculous.

• Do it. You need at least on pair wayy more expensive than the others.

• well its a big amount but I guess it depends how much money you make, if you make like 10 times of that per month I think its ok...

• what currency is that?

• Buy a car.

• Only stupid people would spend THAT much money to buy something that only took about 10 cents to make. & very wealthy people of course, because to them 1700 is equivalent to 10 cents, since money is frequently flowing without much effort.

• I searched your silly shoes... They are expensive but none for that about you posted. You're getting ripped off, if you buy them for that amount. Absurd!

• i don't buy things to praise other people I buy them because I like them

• yea but if you're spending more than what you could really afford on a daily basis, why not flaunt it. LOL whatever dude. Be happy!

• yes, what happens if someone (or you) spills something on your shoes and it stains...then what?

• If you are sure that you really like them, go for it!

• Are you a collector or would you be wearing them?

• Freak dudes could pay for an entire semester of college with that. YES that's it LUDICROUS

• Um wtf. I mean, what is your income? You bringing in 7 figures/year or what?

• heck? who does that?

• Yep, that is totally ridiculous. But if you love them, which I believe you do, then good for you. I wish you had a picture, I would love to see these $1500 dollar shoes.

• I just checked out those shoes you purchased, I am dumb founded. To each his own. I guess.

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 27

• That depends.

Is the $1700 that the shoes cost essentially a drop in the bucket for you? If so, then go for it.

But if you're talking about $1700 that's the entire sum of your savings account, then I'm sure you can find a more suitable means of spending the money.

• For me, $1700 is excessive, when you can spend $100-$200 on a pair of shoes...

...

...

...and have $1500-$1600 to spend on something else awesome. 8-)

• Yes. Where would you wear them? I don't know any place or situation a guy in between the ages of 18 and 24 would need those.

I'm not one to tell you how to spend your money but there is a lot cooler stuff out there. Just check out [uncrate.com].

PS You can get around the linking problem by posting in brackets like this [google.com]. Please post in an update, I'd love to see what kind of shoes are that expensive

• still doesn't work go to flightclub dot com and click on nike other on the left side of the home page then you ll see them air yeezy 2 nrg

• Unless they're signed by Air F***ing Jordan, yes, that's ridiculous. 1700? Absurd

• well, if you're making 17k/month I think it's cool, but if you're making 1.7k/month I think it's ridiculous.

• I would rather see 1700 in my account than on my feet. Even if you have the money, you can find quality does for less money. It just seems like a show boat imo.

• Then again I'm very simple. I don't need to dress to impress anyone. The only time I'll dress up if it's an occasion. Or wedding or funerl.

• Depends why.

You can get bespoke shoes in that range. And wear them for decades.

• Spend your money any way you want. But for me shoes just aren't worth it. If I buy something expensive it is goibg to be something thqt I can ise for yeara. Like a quality instrument

• my shoes cost $10, I like them

• $1700 for a pair of sport shoes ? You know that it probably didn't cost Nike more than 20 bucks to make them, right ?

You could have two pairs of incredibly good quality custom tailored leather shoes for that price, and you want to buy stuff that would make you appear like a blingy rapper wanna be from a project instead ?

People really amaze me.

• Depends on how much money you make.

Live within your means. This applies to buying a car, buying a house, shoes and everything else.

If you can afford it, and it's something you thought about and you really want it, don't listen to all the people who say you are stupid for buying them, just because THEY can't afford it themselves.

• hmmm rent, utilities, phone, internet, clothes etc. or a pair of shoes, that's a hard one... id rather wipe my ass with that money

• Depends on what $1700 means to you...

• hell yeah!

• For me, yeah it's a huge waste of money.

For you, I really don't care.

• do it. I'm gonna blow $1300 on a Seiko SRX003 moon phase watch.

You only live once.

• Lol...pathetic at best.

• Completely stupid. Regardless if you have the money or not...

• if you got the money go for it, girls do notice the shoes

• YOU TRYING TO GET THEM AIR YEEZYS?

• Yeah, that much money could set me free.

• Yes it is but then again its not my money.

• Not If you really want them and it Is extra money. :) I'd do it...

• Simple answer. Just stupid.

• How dumb can you be? Save your f***ing money. I'd rather save and go on a vacation. I'd rather donate $1600 of it and play one round of golf. You've been saving up for a while... well, that implies you don't have that amount yet or if you do buy them, you'll essentially have $0 left. Why the f*** would you do that for something you walk in? Nobody cares. Nobody.

• well I don't give a sh*t about golf but apparently you do. and I would never spend that much on a vacation. everyone is different

• Shoes are a material good. That lasts for a finite amount of time. Memories are so much better.

• Hell yeah especially waiting in line for the new jordans.

• dont bash on people waiting in line for shoes. who are you to judge.

• No not really they wrote about men who go crazy about shoes look it up.

• Yea but they said on a hip hop site that men who worry about collecting shoes are more homo. I just think waiting in line for an a**hole who doesn't care about his fans dyeing for a pair of the same shoes is worth it I rather buy griffeys.

• No, it's your money and other peoples judgement on how you spend it should mean nothing to you.