Looking for some good cold remides

Been sick for awhile..lil over 2 weeks..nasal congestion..kinda a sore throat..went to the docs on wends they didn't really have much to offer me since I'm in college other than sudafed pe..do you guys have any cold cold remides besides rest and fluids? thanks all

Most Helpful Girl

• - Magnolia flower teapills and yin chiao supplement are herbal medicines that help with nasal congestion and sore throat (you would have to speak with a herbalist or homeopathic doctor)

- Honey and cinnamon with hot water or in food

- Ginger tea with honey and lemon

- Apple cider vinegar- dilute it and gargle with it or sip on it

- Supplements with vitamin C like Emergen-C or Airborn

- Avoid dairy since it can contribute to congestion

• You can get yin chiao at lots of health food stores and vitamin/ supplement stores, magnolia teapills are usually a bit harder to find.

Something I forgot is Umcka cold remedy. I have only had it in the lemon drink form, but they also have liquids and tablets. It works really well for me as far as preventing symptoms and also helping you heal. link

What Girls Said 4

• Chicken noodle soup has actually been proven to make you feel better when you are sick.

Also, for a sore throat my mom always makes me drink a cup of hot water with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and however much honey you want mixed together. That's supposed to help a lot.

For the nasal congestion you could try a neti pot.

• Cold FX and lots of Vit C, sleep and fluid.

Hand sanitizer is handly as well.

The best way to prevent a cold is when you first begin getting the runny nose, sore throat to take cold FX and vit c morning and night

• dayquil orange juice and emergency. I'm in colege track and I just had a cold so that's what my coach had me do and it worked pretty well and I din't even get much sleep!

• Someone told me to try putting peroxide in your ears and letting it soak for a min or two. Still have yet to try it tho

What Guys Said 5

• Ginger tea, just boil up fresh ginger, maybe add just a little sugar. It seems to help with the coughing and fever and helps you get better quicker.

• a spoon of salt in a glass of water and sniff it or put it in your nose in another way. Aspirine, hot tea with lemon and sugar.

• Drop some honey in cognac is what I do

• A shot of whisky and honey for your sinuses

showering is good,

chicken soup is good,

always drink your OJ

• grapefruit seed extract from special vitamin/health stores

nasal irrigation syringe

chicken soup