Are you okay with being average looking?

Lets face it, the majority of girls are average, and the ones we see in the media are either made up to look above average or are a part of the minority that is above average.

Are you okay, or how do you feel, about the fact that you are more than likely average.

Granted, beauty and sexiness is subjective- that is not what I am referring to.

I am talking strictly about general physical attractiveness.

I hope this doesn't come off as vain. I mean it to come off in a way that reflects this panic that a lot of men and women feel that they must look like that, or they try to be that, etc, and then come to find out, most people don't look like that anyways,

By average I don't necessarily mean a 5/10. I just mean average as in a normal looking person. Not ugly, but no going to be a model anytime soon

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm below average in looks. If I worked really hard (mostly losing weight), I might get to "average". Nothing I can really do about making that better, so I don't dwell on it. I have other attributes that (hopefully) make up for whatever I lack in looks.

What Guys Said 10

• I feel that I'm (no pun intended) on average, average looking from the female perspective.

At the most, if I hit the female's fetishes (stocky/big, baby-face, me being black, chocolate skin tone, "cuddly", voice, etc.)...then I may be "slightly above average" in her eyes.

Overall, I'm happy with my looks!

• 0|0
  • ive accepted the fact, I've also accepted the fact that my youthful good looks will eventually fade one day, as well as my vigor. something we all should have come to terms with in order to face the future on some sort of positive note. I would like to think as myself just getting sweeter like an aging wine.

• The average person, in pretty good though not amazing shape, is better then average looking.

• the best part about being a boy is that if you are physically fit and muscular you are automatically in the top 10%. If you were born with a nice face and fit you are top 1%

Thank god for p90x

• I definitely look average, and I don't really care about looks, when I am interested in a girl.

I don't watch tv, don't read magazines, so I am not hammered all the day long with this elitist nonsense (because that is what it is). It really helps seeing people as they are, in my opinion.

• I am a sex symbol and I see wet clits when I meet girls.

• I agree 100% with anonymous. I don't find you to be even average looking but I don't see how it matters. Everyone thinks differently and there are bigger problems in the world. I think I am OK lookin but even if I was ugly I would be fine.

• I realize there are "bigger problems" in the world. I am not using this question as a means to say that this is the worlds most important issue. I was simply making a point that many of us try to achieve this ideal of beauty/handsomeness where we think we should be- perfect/model and imagine ourselves getting there. However, in reality, most of us only end up looking like slightly better versions of ourselves.

• If you say so.

• I sense a great deal of pessimism coming from this question, and you imply that everybody is average looking. You shouldn't worry about it so much, and to be honest it depends on who's looking. You come off as very insecure, as if you're trying to make other people feel as average as you feel in yourself. Just suck it up, life isn't great to all of us, just be glad you're not a child in Syria with your head blown off for something you didn't do... your problems are absolutely minuscule and very self centred, lighten up a bit, you're alive and well.

• This has nothing to do with me. Its a fact- the models/celebs you see on TV represent a very small fraction of the population and most people don't look like that and are just your average every day people with average looks- not much better looking than the next person.

• even without makeup some of them still look hot

• I thought that I would reiterate that I was absolutely not trying to make other people feel insecure- keep in mind, looks like everything else are on a bell curve. A minority are very attractive, another minority very very unattractive with a majority being in the middle somewhere- not much better looking or worse looking than the next person.

• I don't think looks matter as much for guys tbh - yes you need to be clean and as lean as possible, but beyond this there is little marginal benefit. I would say more emphasis on being sporty, good job, rich.

What Girls Said 13

• If everybody stopped trying so hard with their appearances, everybody would be happy about looking average. The problem is that us 'average' people try to look above average. We should embrace our averageness.

• Well, I just don't get this "average" and "above-average" concept. Most of celebs are looking as average for me as my classmates. There are probably 5-6 women and even less number of men which I find disturbingly beautiful, but when you start speaking of celebs and esp. models as a whole, I find most of them not even pretty. Maybe it's because standard criteria for beauty is not really what draws me to people, I prefer some kind of overall cuteness, uniqueness or inner sparkle.

Basically that's the reason why I accept my own looks. I'm not really pretty, at least far away from the type that I myself find pretty, but I know that some people think different way, so yeah, I'm perfectly okay with my "average" looks.

• I wasn't happy with my appearance in HS because I was 245 lbs. The name calling and isolation pushed me into working out and taking care of myself.

• I was @ 378 sophomore year of college...it wasn't teasing that inspired me, but everybody gets sparked to better themselves somehow! :-D

• Look pretty good now!...(:(:(:

• I have reached a point in life that I simply don't care about what society perceives of me. I just believe I'm horrible looking but I'm completely content with it.

• You are most definitely NOT horrible looking...o.O

• I'm fine with it.

I know what you're saying, and it's true. Most girls you see nowadays aren't an outright pretty girl anymore. You rarely see them, and some of the ones you think are super pretty achieve that with makeup and stuff like that.

• It's fine with me, average looking is still sexy if you have the right attitude :)

• I hate it. I realize how vain that makes me, but I really wish I looked different.

• Yes

I like being average

• I have no problem with being average.

• I've come to accept it

• I will always strive to be beautiful.average is ugly in todays society. Guys think average girls are the new ugly and ugly girls are less than human. I guess I don't feel too bad being average because that means I'm higher than ugly people, but there is a reason I try to look good.I want the societal privileges that pretty people have

• looks are very subjective. I don't think people think they need to look like the media, just good in their own skin. I have been told constantly that I am not average looking, but okay...

• Honestly no. I don't know. Some days I feel alright and seeing my reflection doesn't bother me and other days I hate being average, I know I'm not ugly, I'm just not pretty either, and most of my friends are slightly above average or pretty. I just try not to think about it too much and carry on, but it sucks.