Guys do you really dislike short hair on women?

About two weeks ago I donated 10 inches of my hair to locks of love. Now my hair is little shorter than chin length. My friends, fam, and co-workers have said it looks super cute. However, when I go out guys my age no longer look my way. I feel pretty invisible. :-( So guys is long hair really that important? Girls has this happened to u?

Most Helpful Guy

• My oppinion on that. Long hair- boring and scared to try out something new, Short hair-open to new things confident and a bit different than others. So I prefer the short

What Guys Said 10

• A possible explanation:

Most men do not like or notice women with long hair due to their upbringing. Through out course of being raised we are constantly barraged by images of women, all with long hair. This has given rise to the expectation that women should all have long hair. The effect is also a psychological one, for example, soldiers in the military. Soldiers in the military paint their face with camouflage colors for more reason than just blending in. When you are hunted by someone, subconsciously they are looking for a face. Cover up the face with netting or paint and they won't really notice you since they can't see the face. It's a similar situation here. Subconsciously many men are looking for women with long hair because of the expectation. So when they see you with short hair they don't notice you because it's not what they are looking for.

Also in my opinion, I personally prefer women with shorter hair, I find women look sexier with shorter hair, depending on the hair styles of course, some short hair styles are really bland. The long hair stereotype may come from a time when women had to have long hair, wear certain types of clothing, namely dresses. The media also plays a factor I this stereotype, many famous celebrates wear their hang long as do many supermodels.

Be sure to take this with a grain of salt, I hope this helps a little :)

• Short, hair,shaped to the face, looks really good on women with oval faces and delicate features. but it takes a guy with some sophistication, such as we Italians, to appreciate short hair. It helps to be a little older as well, when long hair begins to look too girlish.

• i like nice long hair - with *maybe* some exceptions here and there.

• I think most guys prefer longer hair...but I have never seen that to be a deal breaker...and virtually all women eventually end up with short hair...I am having a hard time believing that guys will no longer look at you solely because of that...if you are pretty then you are still pretty...even with short hair...is it possible that your imagination is getting the best of you?

I can see where you might feel sort of naked or something...?

• Maybe its all in my head...idk. I'm have always been average looking more than pretty.

• Im def not hot...i will message u. if you want give me your email id and I will sent you a pic. I.don't really want my pic on here

• holleygraph@iw.net

• You should've crossed me and you would've felt satiatedly visible :P I love short hair on almost any woman in the planet!

• I like pixie cuts.

• Shorter hair can look good on the right woman.

• Here ya go... link

• Long hair is much more attractive in my personal opinion. The moment I found out she gave it to a cause like you did, that would be infinitely MORE attractive than any hair length, and would become completely irrelevant.

• It really depends on the girl. Some girls can pull off short hair and some can't.

What Girls Said 2

• Men almost universally prefer long hair on women. It's a sign of overt femininity, youth and fertility.

• This is very true...but the real question is...How much do they prefer it? Is is all-important or a deal breaker if short?...my view is that it is quite a ways down the list of "priorities"...only one man's opinion though...I think I will post re this...

• I agree taster. I would hope there are many more important things when choosing a woman than the length of her hair!

• not to burst your bubble and I think it is great what you did but generally guys like longer hair.

this woman at my office...well she is about 30 something, so she isn't super young but not old, has short hair that falls somewhere between chin and neck.

the men at work ranging in age from 20s to even 50s that I spoke to told me that before I started working there she had long hair and they thought she was pretty but the cut ruined her.

she is pretty...blonde, blue eyes, pretty thin, but I personally thought the cut was severe and I can see why men might not find her as attractive, because it took away from her femininity. I never saw her with long hair..i couldn't even imagine it because I was used to the short and severe hair.

but some people pull off short hair, so it depends.