Do tall women feel that short women don't deserve tall men because they should let the tall women be with them?

Do short men think that short women should be with them instead of tall guys.

I am 5'4, so on the shorter side of average and I have gotten a lot of hate recently from fellow students and family members of my boyfriend because he is tall (6'5) and they feel he should be with a tall girl.

How common is the feeling that short men should be with short women and tall men should be with tall women?

I've had shorter guys tell me that because I'm short, I shouldn't be with someone so tall because it's unfair to the short guys who apparently are stuck to dating short girls and it's unfair to tall girls because it's one less tall guy for them to be able to date.

Is this a shared feeling by many or is it just where I'm from?

• Tall men should be with tall women
  • It doesn't matter what height you are, you can be with whoever you want

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally I've always disliked when women are friggin so short that in 4 in heels they can't meet my eye level, but have the audacity to say they only date guys over 6 feet--Im 5'9, average male height in America, and women have SUCH hypocrisy. They are short and don't want people to talk negatively about their body image, but have noooo problem subjecting men to such ridiculous expectations. Example: If a woman says she will only date a man with a 8 in. or bigger appendage or chiseled abs or huge arms, she's liberated and cool and has standards, if a man says he only wants to date chicks with big double D's or tall and skinny--he's a superficial pig. Can't wait til mens expectation is that a woman can actually do kegels...how few can do that. Personally when a girl asks how big I am down there, I always look them right in the eye and say...how tight are you down there? LOL!

• ...You took this question in an entirely different direction. I asked about height. Not d*** length.

• Yeah I totally went to the next level of what you were talking about-which was discrimination upon superficial standards. I say lose them all and go from the heart alone.

• In the future please just answer the question asked. If I wanted to ask about penises, I would have.

What Guys Said 3

• It really doesn't matter, though it is a fact of life that height matters.

Short guys know this more than anyone else on the planet. Whenever I play ball at the gym, the short guys are always feisty and play pick-up games like Game 7 of the NBA Finals. They've been socially conditioned to "conquer every moment" since they've likely had a rough time earning respect from women and peers over their lifetime.

• Those douchebags can go f*** themselves. Be with whoever you want to be with and whoever makes you happy. The world is often a sh*tty place, so to have people dictate who you should be with and who can make you happy simply by their height is just ridiculous to say the least.

• I am 6'6" an my prom date was 4'10" in high school. It never bothered me, she was kick ass.

What Girls Said 5

• dating someone because of their hight is stupid, there are so many more important issues to worry about when it comes to dating.. With that I don't ever date guys who are less then 5 inches taller than I am, but I'm only 5' 2" and it's lame if I'm taller than a guy even in heels lol!

• I'm 5'3'' and am attracted to taller guys, and one of my good friends is 5'9'', and is CONSTANTLY complaining about how I'm "stealing" the tall guys.

• im 6'4'' and I don't care either way lol :P

• I see taller women say this sometimes on this site but it's almost always in a joking manner (although I do think every joke comes from alittle truth) and I don't think they are especially serious about it but it probably does bug them alittle. I actually can see shorter guys being more annoyed about it but it's really not their business if they "think" you should be with shorter guys cause they're feeling left out... they themselves think it's wrong for you to pick someone because of height yet they are telling you to do just that...hypocritical thinking if I've ever heard it.

• I know. I didn't pick him because of his height. When I met him he was 5'8 and he just happened to grow. It just happened that way.

• I love been small. Guy who are taller, hug you and you get so much love and guy who are small still can hug you and you are still protect by their hug! Worry about real stuff not about height. It doesn't matter if other people say you should be with someone your height, they are jealous that you can be huggable in any size! Lol you shouldn't care!