How important are high heels (stilettos) to a girl?

I just read a question about height and many of the female answers preferring a significantly taller partner in order for them to wear their heels without feeling "bigger". It came across as though if they had to choose between a great guy and their heels, the heels would win?

So what is so important about high heels?

Most Helpful Girl

• they are just beautiful and make me feel sexy and compliment some outfits perfectly plus they are slimming but I would not choose them over a guy I really like, duh! I'm 5"2, the guy I like is only about 5"8 so when I wear my tall shoes I am not much shorter, but I love him anyways. but most guys can still be taller than me in my heels.

What Girls Said 4

• The heels wouldn't win but they make us look better and for some events it's standart, so it's really cool if a guy is still taller than us in heels

• Make you look better? ... to who, yourself?

• I disagree but to each their own. Just a little fact but heels actually hinder your posture and put unnecessary strain on your body (I don't know who you get your facts from, but they are feeding you bull) and most woman cannot walk efficiently in heels and look sad trying to balance in them.

• I agree with the last one, nonetheless it makes it easier to walk sexy. You don't have to wear heels that are super high 2 - 4 inch will totally do it and are managable.

What I mean with better posture is they encourage you to pull your shoulders back and stick your boobs out which is generally considered attractive. I don't know about the medical part. You can't really argue against the rest, it's just a fact that they will make your bum and legs look better

• I wear heels because I am short 5 ft. The 2,3 inches def. make me look taller. Nothing to do with date guys. Obvisly I would be with anyone taller than me.

• I wouldn't exactly say the heels would win. I just am not attracted to short guys.

• i thumb'd you up just to offset the thumb-down you got...sad how honesty can be punished by that damn down arrow! :-P

• Haha thanks:)

• Love heels. Putting on a pair instantly makes me feel sexier

I'm 5'6 and my boyfriend is 6, so thankfully I can wear all the heels I want

What Guys Said 2

• Most women are heightist. Just the way it is, unfortunately.

• lol many women are so vain and superficial but think they are so kind and smart, it's called delusion