What the hell, I don't get it, guys blab about how they prefer girls with no makeup YET...

the girl on their arm has loads of it on. I also don't get guys who after dating their girlfriend for a week or two or a month, decide to tell them to stop wearing makeup or certain clothing (same sort of goes for girls). I mean, OBVI that was what attracted you to that person, so why is not OK for them to wear it now? sounds a bit possessive to me. why should it matter, it should just be whatever makes them happy.

Most Helpful Guy

• I like make up on a girl. When a guy says he doesn't he usually means he doesn't dislike it but prefers to see a girl that is gorgeous without it. Which I do too by the way, large amounts of make up can make a huge difference, just look at Oprah. At the end of they day the make up must come off some time and that face still has to be pretty to me.

I like make up though, I like they effort.

By the way, all these girls that cry about the make up thing, you all wear make up, so don't feel so discriminated. Haven't heard of a girl yet that doesn't because guys would prefer it. If they don't use make up it is because they find it a hassle or they can't do it right themselves.

I can go cry about guys with muscles or money but at the end of the day, I'm trying to get rich and be buff myself so who am I to blame?

What Guys Said 7

• The only women I've personally been interested in as far as relationship material have been ones that in the literal sense only wear makeup when we went to special events. Take from that what you will, but what you are thinking here and sweet_18 is doing (making sweeping generalizations) isn't true for many men.

• Sounds VERY possessive actually. What's next? Wearing a burkha?

Liking a girl without makeup (and telling her as a compliment) is one thing. Telling her to not wear anymore has nothing to do with that.

• It's not "wear no makeup" it's "only wear as much as you need". In other words, only wear enough to look healthy and bring out features, but not so much you look fake.

• if when I give you a hug I get sh*t stains on my white shirt, then yeah Ill complain about you wearing too much make up. Also if you go to a kid's birthday party and they mistake you for the clown, then you are also wearing too much makeup

• Please don't dump that whole container on your face... :) Much appreciated.

That is simply why I favor not putting on makeup...some people tend to overdo it.

• Yes if a guy tells you not to wear any make up then he's being possessive. I would like to add my 2 cents. Some girl look better without make up.

• The less make up the better for me because I like to see how they look naturally.

I view it as the more effort they put into makeup, the more attention they want and this includes attention from the opposite gender.

What Girls Said 5

• So sorry to say this.I think they want to see for a while how their girlfriends look like with and without make-up because I see a lot of girls that look such a great difference without their make-up that people almost could not recognise them.Some guys find this deceiving so they just want to make sure that they know how their girlfriend truly look like.They would find it strange if their girlfriends wear make-up every single time they meet,especially if they have been together for years.Don't you think so? :)

Of course I have heard of guys who left their girlfriends after seeing how different they look without make-up.So for make-up,just go as little as possible,enough to make us look polished and professional so that there's not much difference even if we don't wear them.Make-up should enhance our look,not change them :)

• I think they like girks who don't wear makeup but still look pretty, like goddess level pretty but you know, they're rare species so they just go after the ones who look as pretty with heavy makeup lol

• Because guys really do like girls who wear makeup. They say they don't but they do. Talk is cheap

• Yea, that baffles me too. Men are weird. They say all that, and then you see them lusting over p*rn stars or just the average girls on tv, magazines, who are caked up in make up. Even when they look neutral, they tend to have the most.

• Control issues.they know what they were attracted to when they met you, but now that you're together they want you not to look that way because you'll be attractive to other men and could leave him