Is height really a problem?

I'm pretty short, only 4' 11 but I've never really thought that it was a problem. That was until there was a group of girls, significantly taller than me, claim that guys wouldn't find me attractive because of my height. It made me wonder.. I had never thought that height was something that could make you attractive or unattractive... but is my height a negative quality to guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• First thing you need to know is many guys don't like girls to be taller than them, at least if it's somebody they're considering going out with, so you have that on your side. I personally love short girls! They just seem so much cuter and taller girls can sometimes be intimidating. Some guys like girls closer to their height though, usually super tall guys, but preferences are different for everybody, I'd say it's better to be shorter than taller though, shorter girls just make men feel more masculine.

What Guys Said 6

• For a small number of guys, yes, it's a problem. For example, a buddy of mine is almost exclusively attracted to "Amazon" women - the super-tall, 5'10" and up girls. He wouldn't be physically attracted to you.

But a sizable majority are totally fine with short girls, and many even prefer them (I love petite girls).

And that's really the point: you're never going to please everyone, but you won't have any trouble finding guys who like girls of your height. Not at all.

• I'm 6'4" and would love to date a girl that was 4'11" as long as she is pretty and has a good personality. I'd say I have a preference for really short girls.

• no that's not true I like short girls they are so cute

• Not for me it's not. The cutest girl I ever knew was a mere 5'0 even.

• Most guys will care way more about your body type and face than your height. It's usually not important to men, unless the difference is too big. If I'm honest I do have to admit that I'm most attracted to girls 5'8- 5'10 because they're closer to my height but still considerably shorter than me (I'd feel like a pedo with someone half my size), but a girl's height is not a decisive factor for most guys. You've got nothing to worry about.

• for girls to be short it's not a problem as long as people can tell you are 18+

I like girls who are the same height as me or shorter but I'm just above 5ft tall so most girls who are of age are taller than me. so one guys can like girls who are taller or shorter than they are. 2 at least to me you're height is a positive quality.

What Girls Said 1

• I thought guys were okay with short girls. That's news to me! I've always heard them say they think they are cute and small and makes them feel more masculine or something.