How can I comete with a guy when is better looking than me and more popular?

So there is this guy and I am sure he likes this girl that I like, but he is so much taller, better looking and he is much more popular than me. I on the other hand I am much average, I am short and no I only have a small group of friends. How can I compete with somebody like that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay, when I was courting my ex long ago, there were at least several other men vying for her too. All of then were better looking than me, more fit than I was at that time. One was a Danish millionaire businessman. Nice sandy blond hair and a glowing tan, the manners of an aristocrat, loaded with cash, it was unmitigated gall of me to even think I could compete with him. And yeah, he was taller than me, most of her suitors were.

But unmitigated gall I did have and compete with him I did, and of all the, I must admit, men better than me who were also courting her, she did pick me. We did manage to stay married for 7 years, and though we had problems, neither one of us cheated.

Stop comparing yourself lol. Stop focusing on his stengths and your weaknesses. Just put your best foot forward. She may not pick you, but if you mope about how good he is and how you don't compare to him, I promise you she won't.

What Girls Said 3

• Stop right there! You need to believe there is no competition that you are the one for her, have some confidence(Confidence in a guy is very attractive) You just be yourself and try your best to gain all her attention, find out what she likes/ dislikes relate to her, make her laugh, give her your trust, be there for her...so basically just get close to her and woo her, don't even let that other dude bring you down focus on the goal. Just because you find you someone to be "better" than you it doesn't mean they actually are, everyone is unique, so bring yourself up to that pedestal you placed this guy because if you don't make the move you'll never know what could have been. You like this girl for many reasons so if one of those reason includes being superficial than that is not the person for you.

Give it a Go (BE CONFIDENT)

And good Luck :D

• Be a better person than he is. Make her feel special. make her laugh.

I've foiund that in life, people who have more don't necessarily have better character...actually it has nothing to do with it.

• he can be brad pitt but you have to make a special conection between her and you, talk with her, listen to her and make her laugh, but don't forget to show her that you like her a bit more... otherwise you can get friend zoned :S good luck :)

What Guys Said 6

• You can't. You are screwed. Sounds like a problem I would have. People are all shallow and if he is popular he has a bunch of social proof with the girl so you are done for.

Just focus on work and becoming more powerful in general. Money, looks, etc. Over time you can build yourself up to be landing hotties like it is nothing.

• If this guy likes her and you like her & you are who you say you are and he is who you say he is, he'll get her, smash her, & be out long before you get a chance(realistically), sorry to say. First thing you can do is stop defining yourself by the standards that society puts forth as acceptable because society isn't "all that"(aint sh*t) these days. Another thing you can do is go for it with a positive attitude. Don't "compete" with him, express yourself to her. If it works, it works. If not, on to the next.

• Dude don't get down about yourself. We all seem to compare ourselves to others when in reality it isn't worth it. Just be yourself and if she is not interested know that eventually it is bound to happen.

• build muscles...dominate over the guy...steal the show...be confident

• Lol don't compete, that's for beta makes. Be your own man, every man is top dog, they just have to have the right mentality.

• You're not competing against him. He can only f*** one girl at a time.

You're competing against all the guys who are less than him.

Stop worrying about the Brad Pitts of the world that you can't compete against. Be the best that you can be.