She has a boyfriend but is 'looking around'

If a girl you liked told a good mutual friend that she was 'bored & looking around' is it bad form to court this girl?

What would you do?

*No offense intended*

But in my experience the majority of girls are like this, to be fair to this particular girl I'm more interested now that at least she has the guts to admit it - however I do understand the reservations in the comments below.

It's always the case of the 'grass looks greener on the other side' and 'taken' people do at least, on the surface appear more desirable - whether this effect wears off after you get to know said person I believe is completely subjective.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• Not a safe scenario. She sounds like a girl who doesn't know exactly what she's looking for or what she wants, and will continue to look around to find it, even if she's currently dating someone who doesn't fit the bill.

Sometimes a girl will do this when she's bored or not exactly thrilled with the relationship she's in. However, she doesn't want to hold a "single" status for long, so she stays with the relationship she's in until she finds someone "better". It's a sad position for the guy to be in, and I sympathize with guys placed in that position unknowingly or involuntarily.

• If I was a guy, I'd never be able to forget this part of her. I'd think she was unreliable and self absorbed. I'd never feel comfortable getting involved with someone who would look around for someone else while they have given someone the impression they are with them. I'd lose so much respect for that person.

• If she's looking around because she's "bored," don't get into it. Well really, if she's with another guy and looking for a new one, you still probably shouldn't get into it regardless of reason. It means that she's looking to "trade up," and I'd caution that someone who doesn't feel it's important to break off their current relationship before looking for a new one is probably not a partner who will hold your feelings as important.

• ...so instead of ending a relationship she's unhappy with, she is staying with her old Boyfriend and using him until she can find a suitable replacement. does that sound like the kinda girl you want to date?

• It's not bad if you can keep her entertain during the relationship. That way, she wouldn't do that to you but chances are high that she will. xD

I get bored easily sometimes and/or lack of spark. It happens.

• What would you think if you became her boyfriend and then...with you, she was "looking around"?..

• she could be bored with you someday and look around again

What Guys Said 3

• And you don't find anything odd about her "looking around" while she's with someone, especially since you aren't considering the possibility of you being that guy one day?

• I would ask her directly, "Do you have a boyfriend?", and then go from there. If she says yes, you can then say you heard she was bored and actively looking. If this is the case, I personally would let it go, as she will most likely do the same to you. Even if she doesn't, you are sill going to distrust her. The other side could be that she is not tying to hide anything from her boyfriend, and he just isn't getting it. In any case, if you want answers, ask her directly.

• No. If a girl is not engaged or married then she is technically single but beware as she may become bored of you also if you get her.