Would you pick what your child looks like?

It’s currently an expensive process, but it is possible. If you had the funds would you pick the eye color, hair color, nose shape, height, etc of your unborn child or would you just let genetics take their course?

Thoughts? feelings?

i believe it is possible to remove 'genetic deformities' with this procedure, because you are already altering the genes to be what you want.

Most Helpful Guy

• The day this becomes mainstream is the day we become machines. The biggest part about being sexually reproducing, living organisms is that we get two unique people and combine their genetic information to produce an individual unlike any other in the world. Its a very interesting game o chance if you will, it's like our genes role the dice and we're left to see what comes up, its incredible when you think about it. While I'll be the first to say that people should be more picky as to who they decide to have babies with and a race of perfect people would be interesting, that's not what life is about. Our uniqueness, randomness, and flaws are all what make us beautiful; take all that away and you're left with a possibly "perfect" yet devoid human.

What Guys Said 10

• Nah, I would find it very suspicious if any woman would suggest this, she might be carrying someone else's child and doesn't want the father to find out, that the kid doesn't look anything like him when he's born.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya.

• Do you know someone great said, there is beauty in radomness. and I find that true in many cases ;)

• No way, unless my further wife and I have some kind of genetic disease that will severely affect our child. But even with this I won't alter any of the gene that will change the look.

• I would take my chances cause I consider myself to have good genes.

• IF mental illnesses can be safely prevented, then YES

• no way, my kid will be whoever there meant to be, not who I want them to be.

• Let my kid be who there suppose to be.

• This is what I am shooting for link

• They won't be liberals, that's all I know.

• I want mine to look like Mitt Romney. The true definition of a leader. My neighbor will have an Obama clone that mini-Mitt can throw rocks at.

What Girls Said 12

• No I wouldn't.

First off, what does that say about me as a parent? "Oh, I just couldn't bare the idea of not having a hot kid..."

What makes us amazing, complex, and unique as human beings is that we are all so different from each other. If I try to make my unborn child look the way I want them to, they'll lose their uniqueness. I'm sort of taking away who they really are.

I would want a child who I can say "she has my eyes and your nose" or "he looks just like his father!" I don't want a kid that was genetically mutated to look a certain way.

And again, what the heck would I say to the kid when they ask why they don't look like me and their dad? "Mommy and daddy wanted you to be pretty so we changed the way you were supposed to look so that people will like you better."

Yeah, that will make him/her feel totally confident.

I will love my kids no matter what. I'll love them no matter what problems, difficulties, or issues they might cause or be stuck in. I don't care if my kid is disabled, deformed, mentally challenged or ill. I don't care what disorders they may have or what the heck they look like...

Hope I helped :)

• Absolutely not, our children aren't science projects to be graded or we fail, NO this is so wrong. God has made every child unique and special, and who are we to play God, by doing this this is disagreeing wth God and this is a sinful manner, I have had 3 children, all very beatiful and unique, I couldn't amagine seeing my kids in a different manner. I think science has taken things way to far, it is sickening, doing this is just like doing plastic surgery on a new born, can you amagine growing up and asking your mom why don't I look like you guys am I adopted? and the parents turn around and say no honey we didn't think your natural beauty was good enough so we decided to alter your face. Imagine how that would go down, if my parents ever did that to me I would never speak to them again. GOD is the creator, and the artist so why don't we just leave his works alone? and let them take course, also I would be happy with just a happy healthy baby, and even at that all 3 of mine were born with a health defect, but all of them are healthy now thank you Jesus, But I still loved them the same. Would you love your child any different if they had brown hair instead of blond or green eyes instead of brown really? what difference does it make as long as the child is healthy. I would feel that my whole life was a lie if I were the one to do it to my child or if I was the child it was done to. But I would never play God ever

• I'd never feel completely right telling my child someday "Oh mommy decided you should have brown eyes so guess what now you do"... I think it's a bit selfish and I'd prefer to let nature decide what's best. Why should we have the right to decide what our child should appear like. Our children are supposed to be unique and come out the way they were intended to.. not the way mommy and daddy wanted it to be.

• Wow, as tempting as playing scientist with my unborn child is

I would have to say no. It would be better to get the more natural thing vs my little design project. Also, I think that it's very vain and shallow to pick to keep one egg over another because of something as silly as hair, eye color, height, and all the other superficial things. Some mothers go through extreme difficulties to keep there child and later on when the child asks 'mommy why did you have me?' the mother can say 'because of love'

What would a designer baby's answer be? 'Mommy why did you have me?' 'Your nose was small'

Diseases and disorders affecting the quality of life are valid reasons to terminate rather than 'brown eyes?! Darn I wanted blue! Start from scratch'

• It might be cool to get to design your baby, but I also think the randomness of genetics is pretty cool as well. I'd probably just let nature do it's thing.

• Not at all.

• Never. That's just superficial. I want my baby to have all his/her daddys and mommys natural features(:

• yeah if I could why not, make sure its healthy and I always wanted a redhair kid and I don't think I could possible have with my genes lol

• I wouldn't alter an unborn child. I would just be happy with what I had. :-)

• I'd pick his/her height and eye color. Nothing else is very important

• noo

• You can pick your mate, not your child.