Why are my abs not perfect squares like I want

I know some dudes abs are almost perfect squares and no homo but it actually looks pretty nice, I have a 6 pack myself but the middle ab on the right side is a different shape then all the rest why is this? Is it because I worked out wrong? Or because perfect abs aren't in my genetics or what, I would really like to know why that way may I could fix it and my abs look better

Most Helpful Guy

• Interesting question that I've asked myself over the years.

Some guys have different types of abdominal builds and I think it may be a indication of how and what type of abdominal exercises one does. That is a theory though. I do believe we all have minor differences in our abdominal muscles.

Either way I think everyone should remember to keep perfect form and not lean in certain directions when working the abs.

I also see that runner or a swimmer have intruded abs because they do endurance type of exercises while bodybuilder types of pertruded abdominals from doing weighted exercises.

If your trying to even out your abdominals or tweak how they look try some new workouts and see what yields. The same thing over and over will usually give you the same results.

What Girls Said 2

• there's nothing wrong with them,it's just how your body is,a lot of guys have abs that look more like the windows logo than squares.

• It could be because you don't work both sides evenly.. It could be because you (unknowingly) do more things on one side of your body than the other throughout the day. Similar to being right or left handed.

What Guys Said 4

• Everyone's body is slightly different. Asymmetrical development is not uncommon. If it were a size issue, there are ab workouts that concentrate more on mid abs, but not sure in your case that would help.

Possibly genetics, possibly development, who knows lol.

• everyone's body is completely different. If you're healthy, and in shape, that's all that matters.

• genetics.

• Because all are body shapes are different or unique some would say.