Ideas for growing long hair??

I'm trying to grow my hair long, I am Native American and want to follow the footsteps of my elders and have long hair ( also I hate the way I look with short hair lol ).

My hair is curly and stands up like Einstein's hair. I'm able to pull it back in a ponytail, just barely, and It looks frizzy after a while and a few strands can come free and stick up.

I realize growing hair is a process and right now I'm in and "awkward" stage of hair growth, and am not happy with it. But am looking of things I can do with it.

My mother wants me to get it straightened, but my sister told me when she did that it burned her hair and really thinned it out.

I have thought about braiding it but don't know much about that and I'm not sure where to go to get it braided.

Just looking for ideas and suggestion would help.

Most Helpful Girl

• if you want to keep your hair curly I would suggest using mixed chicks leave in hair conditioner.i have thick curly hair which gets frizzy when I use most curly hair products but when I used this conditioner my hair stayed curly all day with no frizz!

link

but if you want to have straight hair I would suggest using ghd hair straighteners.they are really expensive but they straighten your hair with minimal damage.

link

hope this helps x

What Girls Said 3

• Sorry but this is not an answer, just a comment. The Einstein hair thing looks awesome. I knew a guy like that in high school with hair that stood up and it was pretty big. The funny thing is, he always had a comb stuck in it and it would stay that way. I thought it was wonderful.

• To grow, pull it back in a ponytail at night or get a head band to pull it back.

To straighten, flit iron or perm.

• Maybe you could use a flat iron

What Guys Said 2

• when I grew mine out, it got the way yours did, sorta, it was more wavy curly than curly curly, I straightened it once, but it was too much money to keep going back to doing it over and over, so I decided to cut it short, id recommend not growing it out

• get dreadlocks