Ideas for growing long hair??

I'm trying to grow my hair long, I am Native American and want to follow the footsteps of my elders and have long hair ( also I hate the way I look with short hair lol ).

My hair is curly and stands up like Einstein's hair. I'm able to pull it back in a ponytail, just barely, and It looks frizzy after a while and a few strands can come free and stick up.

I realize growing hair is a process and right now I'm in and "awkward" stage of hair growth, and am not happy with it. But am looking of things I can do with it.

My mother wants me to get it straightened, but my sister told me when she did that it burned her hair and really thinned it out.

I have thought about braiding it but don't know much about that and I'm not sure where to go to get it braided.

Just looking for ideas and suggestion would help.

0|0
4|2

Most Helpful Girl

• if you want to keep your hair curly I would suggest using mixed chicks leave in hair conditioner.i have thick curly hair which gets frizzy when I use most curly hair products but when I used this conditioner my hair stayed curly all day with no frizz!

link

but if you want to have straight hair I would suggest using ghd hair straighteners.they are really expensive but they straighten your hair with minimal damage.

link

hope this helps x

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Sorry but this is not an answer, just a comment. The Einstein hair thing looks awesome. I knew a guy like that in high school with hair that stood up and it was pretty big. The funny thing is, he always had a comb stuck in it and it would stay that way. I thought it was wonderful.

0|0
    0|0
  • To grow, pull it back in a ponytail at night or get a head band to pull it back.

To straighten, flit iron or perm.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you could use a flat iron

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• when I grew mine out, it got the way yours did, sorta, it was more wavy curly than curly curly, I straightened it once, but it was too much money to keep going back to doing it over and over, so I decided to cut it short, id recommend not growing it out

0|0
    0|0
  • get dreadlocks

0|0
    0|0